Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

feeling like a useless thing

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I feel like when i talk i'm boring and that when i talk i don't make sense at all.:(
but i'm going to talk anyway,it can't get anyworse.
These couple of weeks i am convinced that my life is useless and i don't want to keep on doing this.
My life is like it died anyway because all i do is lay down on a chair or sleep,watch tv so what is the big deal that i would die too.:/
I am living for my 2 cats but i don't think that i can do it anymore.
This morning my mum made me a lecture because i don't have a job and because i don't have any energy when i'm at home.She want's me to work in a fucking restaurant as a dishwasher where i used to work but she doesn't know that i stopped working there and i'm not gonna tell her my parents will kill me if i do.
I hate working in a restaurant.i want to work with animals and because in our country we don't have too much places where you can work with them,it's taking a little more time.But they don't understand that.
All my parents do is compare me with my sisters because they have a job and i don't.but i'm nothing like them.
In my family they see me like i'm the one with crappy life and i feel like i'm the worst thing that happened to them.
Than there is my body i reallly hate it. I'm fat and ugly and i ried to lose weight many times but than i will start eating more than i did before. WHY I HAVE TO LIVE THIS LIFE INSTEAD OF A BETTER LIFE ?
I do volunteer work at a dog sanctuary and that is my life and that's where i have a family the dogs and the volunteers that works there,they understands me unlike my real family.:(
That's all i guess for now i know that it doesn't make sense.well my life doesn't have sense at all. :banghead:

Comments

• Options
    Without meaning to sound preachy, why arent you working at the restaurant anymore? Yes its a crappy job but we all have to have crappy jobs we dont like to see us through to what we really want to do. It brings in money and lets face it, in this day and age, a job is a job.

That doesnt mean that because you work there you cant do an animal job. Are you going to college or anything so you can get a good job, as im sure you'll need some sort of qualification. The volunteering is great so keep that up. Im sure the sanctuary are so grateful for your help and it gives you much needed experience as well.

As for the weight thing, sorry to sound harsh but if all you do is sit around and watch tv all day, you're not going to lose weight. You'll be eating more out of boredom and getting no exercise. Life is only what you make it, good things are not going to come your way and just jump into your lap.
  • Options
    What you wrote does makes sense *hug*. Pulling through depression can be really hard work and it's great you're volunteering at the dog sanctuary, especially since it's something you seem to enjoy. It sounds like you could use some support, is there anyone in your family, friends or even at the dog sanctuary you could talk to a bit about how you're feeling? Sometimes just having someone call you once a day to go for a walk or a coffee can start to give you a bit of routine and a break away from the negative thoughts. Also talking to your doctor would be a good idea, sometimes medication or therapy can give you a bit of a boost and make it easier to function day to day.

Do you think you could advertise in your local area to walk people's dogs or look after their animals whilst their on holiday? If you could find a few regulars that would give you a bit of income and some experience working with animals.
  • Options
    Lexi99 wrote: »
    Without meaning to sound preachy, why arent you working at the restaurant anymore? Yes its a crappy job but we all have to have crappy jobs we dont like to see us through to what we really want to do. It brings in money and lets face it, in this day and age, a job is a job.

That doesnt mean that because you work there you cant do an animal job. Are you going to college or anything so you can get a good job, as im sure you'll need some sort of qualification. The volunteering is great so keep that up. Im sure the sanctuary are so grateful for your help and it gives you much needed experience as well.

As for the weight thing, sorry to sound harsh but if all you do is sit around and watch tv all day, you're not going to lose weight. You'll be eating more out of boredom and getting no exercise. Life is only what you make it, good things are not going to come your way and just jump into your lap.

your right about everything lexi.about the restaurant thing i don't know why but i don't want to work there i guess i hated being a dishwasher because the first job that i had i worked as a dishwasher too but back than i was really fed up with everything the job(my boss was the worst)and my family and with my life that i ended up trying to kill myself. So than in my country we have a place where you go to register yourself(if you have no job)so i went there and i am waiting for now.

I am not going to college i finished school than had to work.
    About the weight thing your right too i tried to make a diet and try not to get lazy but when i get sad or the depression depress me even more i just want to hide from everyone and see no one.
    yes the people at the sanctuary loves me and it may sound crazy but i prefer staying at the sanctuary than staying at home.
  • Options
    What you wrote does makes sense *hug*. Pulling through depression can be really hard work and it's great you're volunteering at the dog sanctuary, especially since it's something you seem to enjoy. It sounds like you could use some support, is there anyone in your family, friends or even at the dog sanctuary you could talk to a bit about how you're feeling? Sometimes just having someone call you once a day to go for a walk or a coffee can start to give you a bit of routine and a break away from the negative thoughts. Also talking to your doctor would be a good idea, sometimes medication or therapy can give you a bit of a boost and make it easier to function day to day.

Do you think you could advertise in your local area to walk people's dogs or look after their animals whilst their on holiday? If you could find a few regulars that would give you a bit of income and some experience working with animals.

I don't feel comfortable talking to my family(when i tried to talk to them they wasn't listening) and i don't have any friends.
    you gave me a thought about talking to someone from the sanctuary i never tought of that but now i'll think about it.
    And i see about the doctor, i wasn't planing on talking to my family doctor but i'll think about it.
    My problem is that i don't know how to express my feelings sometimes.
  • Options
    Try joining a CBT group I think it would help you and many are offered free of charge.
  • Options
    ReenaReena Posts: 1,375 Wise Owl
    pink girl wrote: »
    I feel like when i talk i'm boring and that when i talk i don't make sense at all.:(
    but i'm going to talk anyway,it can't get anyworse.
    These couple of weeks i am convinced that my life is useless and i don't want to keep on doing this.
    My life is like it died anyway because all i do is lay down on a chair or sleep,watch tv so what is the big deal that i would die too.:/
    I am living for my 2 cats but i don't think that i can do it anymore.
    This morning my mum made me a lecture because i don't have a job and because i don't have any energy when i'm at home.She want's me to work in a fucking restaurant as a dishwasher where i used to work but she doesn't know that i stopped working there and i'm not gonna tell her my parents will kill me if i do.
    I hate working in a restaurant.i want to work with animals and because in our country we don't have too much places where you can work with them,it's taking a little more time.But they don't understand that.
    All my parents do is compare me with my sisters because they have a job and i don't.but i'm nothing like them.
    In my family they see me like i'm the one with crappy life and i feel like i'm the worst thing that happened to them.
    Than there is my body i reallly hate it. I'm fat and ugly and i ried to lose weight many times but than i will start eating more than i did before. WHY I HAVE TO LIVE THIS LIFE INSTEAD OF A BETTER LIFE ?
    I do volunteer work at a dog sanctuary and that is my life and that's where i have a family the dogs and the volunteers that works there,they understands me unlike my real family.:(
    That's all i guess for now i know that it doesn't make sense.well my life doesn't have sense at all. :banghead:

Sorry, we missed each other again.
    I always feel like I say useless or meaningless things. I'm a chatter box so I do tend to talk rubbish now and then. It makes me feel awful, but then I tell myself it doesn't really matter. As long as I'm not hurting anyone, and eventually make myself understood, why should I care what others think.

Yes it is better to think of a job as a stop gap, just until you find something better. But it won't do much good to start a job you don't like, and end up with a bad reference from the employer when you do leave. And any negative references won't be your fault, it will be because of your depression getting worse and affecting your work. Or you may find it has a positive effect, being out, around other people who work there. The warm feeling of getting a wage.
    You have to do what's right for you. Try to make your family see what could happen. Explain your reasons why. If you find it hard try writing it all down first and maybe try talking one to one with each one.

Think about all the possible ways of making money. Like some of the things we talked about before.
    Have you got any hobbies?
    Hope you are feeling better now, thinking of you hun xx. *hug*
  • Options
    Thanks for all those who gave me advice and made me feel that i'm not alone. :)
    hi reena hobbies yes i have and i am thinking of doing something new tell you in pm.
  • Options
    Hi Pink,

You are never alone :)
    I hope you are feeling well today!
  • Options
    celine wrote: »
    Hi Pink,

You are never alone :)
    I hope you are feeling well today!

Hi celine these day I don't know how um feeling :/.
    There are days that I feel bad and there are days that I feel less bad
  • Options
    I hope you start having more less bad days and they eventually turn in good days:heart: