Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Thigh hurts. Any advice?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Thigh hurt all last week from Sunday when standing up from bending down. This week it hurts when I bend down and stand back up. It hurts when I get up in the morning.

If I sit down then stand up it hurts.

Thinking about going to the doctors.

Comments

• Options
    Hi there:wave:,

I'm sorry your are having pain in your thigh, is there anything that could of triggered this ? Any excercise that you have done they could of caused you to pull a muscle. ? You say you are thinking about going to the doctors, this is a good idea, to get it checked out and get to the bottom of what is causing the pain.

Please let us know how you get on.*hug*

Take Care,
    B.:thumb:
  • Options
    Thanks Becky :wave:

I went to see the doctor today and he said that I might have sprained it.....somehow.....I have no idea how though!
    He said that if it doesn't clear within 6weeks (which he thinks it will), I should see a physiotherapist. And I should be taking ibuprofen.

I work in a factory every day and I have to bend down most of the time, maybe that's why I have this problem.

6weeks this saturday is when I'm off to Scotland near Glen Coe/Fort William. So if its not cleared by then then I'll have to go to the docs after I come back.
  • Options
    Since I went to the doctors on Thursday, my leg has gotten worse. I now have pain in my calf muscle and in the muscle just above my knee on my back leg.

I just don't know what to do.
  • Options
    Jeeez only one reply?
  • Options
    If it is spreading then I would get back to the doctors again.

Its likely in my mind (and im no doctor), that due to the first injury whatever it is, you may be walking slightly differently, shifting your weight slightly differently as you move, and this in turn might have caused other parts of your body to feel uncomfortable.

Putting it more simply, I have slightly flat feet, which in the past has caused me to have knee pain if I don't wear insoles.
  • Options
    If I sit down, for lets say 5 minutes, and stand up again I have to put weight on my foot carefully because it bloody kills if I just put it down normally.

If I get to work tomorrow and find that I can't work, I'll have to tell me supervisor about it and go to the docs as soon as I can.

I really don't want to be off work on the sick. But if I have to, I have to.

I'll post my results tomorrow when I know more. :)
  • Options
    I know myself from past experiences how much people don't actually want to be off work on the sick, either loss of pay or just being bored etc, but if you need the time off then its usually best to have it. People are not invincible and need time to repair if something is wrong.
  • Options
    It could be my sciatic nerve which is causing the pain. Doctor has given me a leaflet with light exercises on.

I asked him if I should be working and he said yes, but only if don't do any heavy lifting.

I decided to get a self sick note, so I took that in to work and the person I gave it in to told me that he had it too, so he actually sympathizes with me.

I've decided to have the week off and see how it goes. I'll see how I am next Monday.

Just wish my parents weren't in Scotland this week because I'll be so bored. I don't know if I should go fishing or not lol

Edit: Forgot to mention that when I got out of bed this morning and took a couple of steps O.M.G!!!! The agony I was in. I felt like crying.