Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

harrasment????

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
im not sure where to post this, but as its to so with my ex its going here!

we split up over a year ago, i posted 'why does he do it' about him a couple of months ago. the thing is he is still texting me, and phoning me and putting the phone down. i started ignoring it, not replying to his texts, but he carried on. then i went on holiday and when i came back it stopped. i assumed that it was cos hed got bored, but it turned out that his phone was broke, and now hes got a new one hes doing it again.

its starting to get worse, im getting abbusive messages at all hours of the night, i leave my phone on cos im sometimes texting my new guy! i dont wanna change my number, as alot of old friends have this number.

recently his gf has also been joining in, sending me messages, but only when shes with him.

ive spoken to my friends about it, and one of them suggested that i should go to the police as what they are doing is harrasment. im not sure though. do you think it is harrasment, and should i go to the police??? i dont really wanna, but its that bad that ill try anything! would the police even be able to do anything about it cos my ex is omly 16?

greatful for all replies!!!

Comments

• Options
    Go to the police, people have had restraining orders put on em for text harassment, so its worth it. And, as hes 16, he is legally responsible for his actions...it wouldnt go to court straight away, but a visit by the bizzies might encourage him to stop.

I can see why uyou left that cunt though...
  • Options
    Totally agree with Kermit. Keep a diary of when he calls you, what he says etc. The guy's (and his gf) a twat and he needs to be shown as such. Get the police in and get it sorted.
  • Options
    Yes, I'm in agreement that you should go to the Police.

Why should you chsnge your life for some sad little twit who obviously has nothing better to do with his time!?

Save the text messages (if your memory gets full then save only the worst and meanest ones) from both him and his girlfriend and go to the Police.

If they don't do anything about it then you have a right to complain about the Police, because this is quite serious and if nothing else it is a pain the arse!
  • Options
    Text harassment is treated very seriously now, recently a man was jailed for harassing an ex by threatening to kill her. Cant remember how long he got, but it wasnt a matter of days, thats for sure.

The police will listen, and you can complain about them if they dont. And its amazing how much pressure the local newspaper would put on em if you dropped a hint:)
  • Options
    This lad sounds like a right dick, is he doing it because he can't get over you are something? shows what kind of a life he has if he has to ring you all the time:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Deeeeb
    This lad sounds like a right dick, is he doing it because he can't get over you are something? shows what kind of a life he has if he has to ring you all the time:rolleyes:

i have no idea why he is doing it. a few months ago he was telling me that he still loves me, but if that is the reason, ud think itd be nice messages, whereas the ones he sends are abbusive!
  • Options
    Hi,

I know how horrible this can be as my ex hounded me for ages after he dumped me. We kind of carried on seeing each other (I saw him because at the time I wanted to get back together, but he didn't), then I ended it totally. He couldn't understand this & embarked on a campaign of harassment.

He rang me at work, on my mobile, texted me, rang my friends, posted things through my door at night (magazines, not *that* sort though! Just things he thought I might be interested to read), turned up at my house unannounced, turned up at work etc. This went on in varying degrees for over a year. I changed my phone number (I only have a mobile) and he rang ex-colleagues of ours saying he was meeting me that night but had to change our arrangement, he'd lost my new number and could he have it off them!

I was at time at the end of my tether. Constantly looking over my shoulder etc. Anyway, enough ranting about that. I rang the Police and they said to get a solicitor to write to him saying to leave me alone or I'd pursue legal action. This is all I could do apparently. As he'd moved by then, I didn't know where he lived, and I wasn't about to ring him & ask! LOL!

Fortunately he's gone quiet again now. I haven't heard from him for over a week. I've moved house now and feel a lot safer. So my advice is to ignore him - he WILL get bored eventually.

p.s. I posted on here asking for advice about it once - don't know how to find it though?

Hope my story helps.
  • Options
    Done a search..... is this the post?

Letting Go
  • Options
  • Options
    There's a useful article here:
    http://www.thesite.org/info/legal/abuse/textual_harassment.html

You really don't have to put up with it, and there are things you can do to make life easier for yourself.
  • Options
    Whats worse...?

Getting the text or asking your mates to put your new number in their phone?

You've chosen the texts it seems.

Yes it is wrong, but by keeping the same number aren't you letting him get away with it?

GO TO THE POLICE
  • Options
    Originally posted by byny
    Yes it is wrong, but by keeping the same number aren't you letting him get away with it?

No she shouldn't. Why should she have to change her number coz of this dick head. It's a similar scenario to battered wives/partners. Why should they go to a shelter/refuge because their partner is a wanker. I know it's a solution to a problem, but think of this. My friend had a similar experience last year. So she got herself a new sim card and told only her closest friends what her number was. The guy got hold of number again. Therefore one of her closest friends gave him the number. It drove her up the wall knowing she been shit on by a mate.