Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Do Indian girls often date non-Indian guys?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I am not Indian, but do Indian girls often date non-Indians?

Comments

• ReenaReena Posts: 1,375 Wise Owl
    Some do, but there can be strict rules for the girls and some prejudice from their families.
    xx
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hi there ilikenamitha,

Everyone has different ideas about who they prefer or like to date and I'm sure you will get a good mix of opinions from here :yes:

Have a look at our articles on cross-cultural and mixed religion relationships that could help :)
    it's probably more to do with their religion than their ethnicity. i have a hindu friend who is dating a sikh and her family do not approve, although both of them are indian.
    I'm white and I was in a relationship with an Indian woman for nearly 3 years. And she never dated Indian blokes.

From what I can tell there is often family pressures too. An Indian woman may be open to dating anyone however her family may insist on it only being a man from her race. It happens.
    I have an Indian friend (female) with a white American husband and her brother is married to my White British friend.