Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Lower back pain

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
About a week ago i woke up with a pain in my back it was not a sharp pain more of really deep uncomfartable ache it was a strange feeling but it wore off after a while and i just i had probably slept funny.
This morning i went out for an early morning run and after about ten minutes at only a gentle pace i got this awful ache again i slowed up and walked a while but it felt like it was getting worse so i just walked home.
Its a really strange ache like i said i can only really describe it as a really deep ache.
Anyone ever had similar?

Comments

• Options
    Do you have a decent matteress?
  • Options
    Do you think its exercise related?
  • Options
    Rule of thumb with any muscle pain is -

RICE - Rest, Ice, Compression, Elevation (if its an injury - i.e. caused by running without a warm up or something)

Otherwise -

HIRD - Heat, Ibuprophen (only if you know you aren't allergic or if it won't react to any other medication you take, so always speak to a pharmasist first), Rest, Doctor. So use a heat pack (or hot water bottle etc) on it, take ibuprophen to reduce any inflamation there may be, rest up a little, and if not better within 3 days (if moderate) see your GP.
  • Options
    Thanks guys. I dont think its exercise related, I do a fair bit of running and i have never felt anything like this before i think the run irratated it so i am not exercising for a couple of days. I am using a heated wheat pillow which is very nice :)
    I have thought about my mattress and i am sleeping in my sisters old room for a couple of nights and although its still there it does feel a little better.
    My mum thinks its because i sleep with a fan on all night she thinks it somehow "chills your bones" :d
    If its no better in a couple of days i guess i will have to trouble my gp again.
  • Options
    If it's there pretty continually and you don't think it's obviously related to a particular injury or exercise then it would be worth getting it checked out by your GP. There are a few things that can cause lower back pain that are worth getting checked over.
  • Options
    Been in my sisters bed for the last few nights and the ache seems to have gone now. I think maybe i need a new bed, or at least a mattress. Sister home at mo so i will have to try sofa :impissed:
  • Options
    Louisek wrote: »
    Been in my sisters bed for the last few nights and the ache seems to have gone now. I think maybe i need a new bed, or at least a mattress. Sister home at mo so i will have to try sofa :impissed:

This is probably a crap suggestion - but could you try turning your mattress over, maybe just as a temporary fix? My mattress in my old house was crap, but turning it over every so often seemed to do the trick.
  • Options
    This is probably a crap suggestion - but could you try turning your mattress over, maybe just as a temporary fix? My mattress in my old house was crap, but turning it over every so often seemed to do the trick.

Or stick a duvet under the sheet? It's how I eeked out my last mattress