Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

I cant trust

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
When i was about 10yrs old, my mum told me my dad had an affair with another woman, when i was about 2.(my mum and dad had been married for about 4 years then). they are still together now. Every since then, when i've had a serious boyfriend, i've found it hard to trust them. When i had my first serious relationship, i was constantly saying to him "be good" when he went out. And now, in my second serious relationship, im doing the same. I havnt told any of my boyfriends what had happened in the past. I just find it really hard to trust men now because of it. Ive really tried to trust my new boyfriend, and he's told me hes not like that... but its just really hard for me. Its scared me for life.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I know how you feel my parents divorced when I was five as my dad had been having an affair with my mums best mate! Now whenever Im with a guy I dont like to introduce them to my mates as I get really paranoid that he's going to prefer them to me. I dont know if its because of what my dad did or just because Im quite shy and therefore think/know my mates are all much prettier than I am. The thing is it doesnt help by the fact that one of my bestest mates is seeing another mates ex behind her back, especially since someone I recently slept with has been phoning/texting this friend. It makes me wonder if I really can trust her. shes also kissed a guy who I was very close to at the time. you just need to try and put the past behind you and move on as this could affect your realtionship in the future if your too overprotective and worrying. Trust is the key part to any relationship, no trust and theres not much point in the relationship.