Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

ear piercing

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hey wasn't sure which forum to put this in but i felt this was the most appropriate.

anyways here goes

im sixteen, had my ears pierced just over two weeks ago.

it was my first time and i was dreading it, the first one didn't hurt so bad, but the second one was fine.

the woman who did it was a bit vague after it had been done and to be honest i was too busy thinking bout the pain in my ear to listen.

im cleaning them every night wiv tcp but it there nething else i can do??

she told me not to turn them but my mate said she once didnt turn them for two days and they got stuck and hurt like hell.

help please!!!! cheers xXx

Comments

• Options
    When I got my ears pierced about two years ago I was told to turn them at least twice a day, when I forgot to do it they REALLY hurt so I'd advice you to turn them.
    I don't know why she'd tell you not to :confused:
    I think you can buy special antiseptic stuff to clean the piercings, from piercing shops I would assume. When I got my ears done the bloke gave me the antiseptic so I'm not really sure.
    Sorry if I didn't really help but I just thought I'd say you should turn them or they go manky!
  • Options
    Right ok, I pierce ears so should know what I'm talking about! You shouldn't turn them, as your hair is very likely to get caught up in them, which will quite possibly cause an infection. what you should do, is push them back and forward a few times after cleaning them (always making sure the butterfly is right at the back of the stem).
    Hope that helps. Oh, and if you need any solution to clean your ears you can buy it in Claires Accessories.
  • Options
    ive got three sets of piercings in my lobes and another in my cartilage. i did the third holes myself (just used ice and the studs). ive always spun them after getting pierced (especially out of boredom during school or whatever) and only did the whole cleaning bit for the first set. ive never had an infection or bleeding or pain.

although today, the cartilage stud got jerked out (my hair elastic got caught on it when i was putting my hair up and i didnt notice till it was too late)...bled a little but now its fine.

for lorna(or anyone), do you know how long it takes a cartilage hole to close up? or bellybutton?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Lizzafins

for lorna(or anyone), do you know how long it takes a cartilage hole to close up? or bellybutton?
    Depends how long you've had the cartilage done? If you've had it done over a year, and its still open, then its gonna take a while to close because it'll be fully healed. Might not even close at all. But most you should go without earrings in a newly healed one (ie, after 15 weeks) is a few weeks.
    Oh, and I'm not sure about bellybuttons, don't do them!
  • Options
    thanks