Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Mum: A rant

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
:banghead: So yesterday, I was crying and my brother(5) found me. HE went an got my mum. When my mum saw me, she asked why I cried. I replied "I don't know", so she turns to my brother and says "She doesn't know why she is crying. We are going to send he to a mental hospital. She will be locked up there" (I have a fear she is aware of. A fear of being sent there because of my cutting) I flop on my bed and hide my head accedintally exposing my cuts on my arm. When she sees this, she starts to yell "YOU ARE DOING THIS SHIT AGAIN???" Then slaps me.
Did I deserve this?
How can I deal with this?

Comments

• Options
    Hey buddy,

You didn't deserve that treatment. There are places you can get help as well if you want it. There are many people here, who understand what you're doing if you want to talk about the reasons behind it.

Your mum is clearly one of the reasons, treating you that way was completely unacceptable.
  • Options
    Hey GoodLife, as Fiend says you certainly do not deserve this treatment - harming yourself can be really hard for other people to understand, especially parents and it sounds like your mum is lashing out. It might be because she doesn't know how to help, do you ever get a chance to talk to her calmly about how you're feeling? There are a lot of myths around self harm too which she might not realise aren't true.

If you can't talk to your mum then are there any friends or family that you trust that you could speak to? Your GP is also a really good starting point although I know that can seem a bit daunting... the key thing to remember is that there is support out there when you're ready.

Of course, don't forget you also have us lot here at TheSite :) we're always here if you need to get anything off your chest and a lot of other people here have been through similar emotions and situations so they're not going to judge you.

I hope you're feeling a little better since you posted this, big hugs *hug*

Here's the link I posted in chat that you might want to try: http://www.selfinjurysupport.org.uk/tess-text-and-email-support-service

You can also always get some professional advice from one of our askTheSite advisors, here's how to submit a question in confidence: http://www.thesite.org/community/askthesite/askaquestion

Take care :heart:
  • Options
    Thanks guys :D I feel better *hugs*