Home Travel & Free Time
We've started our first discussion for our Christmas campaign which is focusing on religion or cultural beliefs that help you when you're feeling down. Some of the responses will be used anonymously on social media as a video. If you'd like to take part, head over to this thread.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

TheSite.org Book Club - Discussion on May's book: Like Water For Chocolate

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey folks :).

Just a reminder that the chat for this book will (I think) be on 6th June (picc, feel free to correct me!) and that this month's book is World War Z.

So, anyway. Book.

I was disappointed, actually. I was expecting to love it and I didn't.

I guess I will add a bit to this later, but I actually didn't much like Tita. I sympathised with her at first, and obviously her mother was a bitch, but I just couldn't like her. Gertrudis was my favourite, and I felt horrible for Rosaura.

I'm not really sure there's very much to SAY about this book. I was just far too disappointed :(

Comments

• plugitinplugitin Noob Posts: 2,197 The Mix Regular
    Looking forward to this, finished the book last night! It's still tonight, right?
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    plugitin wrote: »
    Looking forward to this, finished the book last night! It's still tonight, right?

Eeep! I was supposed to put a reminder up yesterday! Sorry picc!

Yep, still tonight :D
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I was also a bit underwhelmed. I remembered enjoying it, but coming back to it I found it hard work.

Should be an interesting chat tonight :-) I'll open at 7 sharp!