Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

work experience in nottingham

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,875,648 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Does anybody know of any good places in nottingham for work experience??

I'm asking for a friend; I did my work experience last year and regret wasting it. So I wanna help her find somewhere that she will enjoy and which will be a great experience.

So any ideas? :D
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    Varies on what she likes doing to be honest, does it not?
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,875,648 The Mix Honorary Guru
    hey...Nottinghamshire libraries and/archives might be a good place to get started. They always have loads of different events on.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,875,648 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hey there TryingtobeStrong,

Glad to hear you completed some work experience last year and that your friend wants to do the same this year.

I think littlechattabox22's ideas are great. Have you or your friend had a chance to look at any of them?

I used to study in Nottingham and was also looking for work experience at the time. I know that the Council have a work experience programme. Check out this page on their website - http://www.mynottingham.gov.uk/index.aspx?articleid=577.
    You'll find the application form at the end.

Volunteering can be a great way of experiencing something new and developing skills.
    You can make a search on do-it.org. This is YouthNet's database of voluntary opportunities across the UK - http://www.do-it.org.uk.
    You can select your friend's interests and put in your location and opportunities near you will come up.

You can also try approaching local shops or offices and asking them if they have any work experience opportunities. Take a copy of your CV to give to them.

Good luck and let us know how you get on. :thumb: