Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Why am i so scared??

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
ive been sort of seein this guy that i met on a night out about a month ago.. we've been on one date so far and he wants to meet up again this week.. i was really nervous about when i met him before but it went really well.. but im scared about meeting him again this time aswell and i dont really know why? like part of me just wants to avoid it even though i really like him and it was a really good date last time.. i do want to see him again but im also just worried about it :/ why am i so nervous about going?

Comments

• Options
    What sort of things/scenarios pop into your head to make you nervous about seeing him again?
  • Options
    Fiend_85 wrote: »
    What sort of things/scenarios pop into your head to make you nervous about seeing him again?

I dont really know i cant explain, i think i just get worried it will all go wrong..and i dont want it to cos i do actually really like him :/
  • Options
    Has it gone wrong a lot in the past?
  • Options
    it did go wrong in my last relationship, i was with someone for over 2 years and then all of a sudden he didnt want to know me anymore said he 'fell out of love with me' it put me off for a while, i dont know if that has anything to do with this but i dont wanna mess it up just cos of my insecurities
  • Options
    Sounds like you just need to relax. Try not to project the old stuff onto this new guy.
  • Options
    I'm guilty of projecting! It's a terrible habit. I think it mostly has to do with confidence in yourself and your own self-esteem. You go by what you've learnt in the past, so it's understandable that you're thinking of it. You need to remember that this new guy is not your ex, and won't react the same way.
  • Options
    yea, i think it is alot to do with my self esteem and the fact that happened with my last relationship, but il try not to let it affect giving it a go with this guy :) thanks for your help :) x *hug*