Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Paperwork is so daunting

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I got a response from the teaching course i applyed for, and i have to go for a introductory session in a couple of weeks.

Trouble is, anything to do with work and training and 'official' paperwork stuff just throws me off. It just looks so daunting and official and i dont think i can live up to it to be honest

Comments

• Options
    Best to just get stuck in. If you're wanting to be a teacher you may as well get used to paperwork now.
  • Options
    I dont mean doing paperwork, just when something official comes through your door and you know their expecting a certain level of something from you, i dont know if i can live up to it
  • Options
    It does sound pretty daunting.

However, a good way to look at it could be "This is the first step to something better." and use that as motivaton to stop being so scared and more as something to drive you forward.
  • Options
    LauraOLauraO Posts: 535 Incredible Poster
    Congrats on getting invited to the intro course Lexi :thumb:
    Lexi99 wrote: »
    I got a response from the teaching course i applyed for, and i have to go for a introductory session in a couple of weeks.

All of the paperwork and invite probably do look really official but try not to let this put you off. They have responded to you and invited you to the session because they can see your potential, so try to believe in yourself too. It doesn't sound as though you have committed to anything at this stage, so why not just go along to the day and see how you feel?

Does the paperwork tell you what the day includes and what is expected of you? Hopefully if something specific is expected then you can prepare for this in advance, and if not then it might just be an info session and you'll only need to listen?

LauraO
  • Options
    Thanks Laura, basically theyre going to tell us what the course involves, assessments etc and we're going to have interviews as well as a group discussion on government funding in education (:shocking::confused:), so i sort of know what to expect.

I guess its also for us to see if we'll enjoy it or not before we fully commit, its just very nerve-wracking