Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Dating websites...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
So...I've braved the scary world of internet dating and joined a dating website :crazyeyes

Anyone else tried this kind of thing and had any luck?

I'm not expecting too much from it to be honest but it seems to be what all the kidz are doing these days so thought I'd give it a go :chin:

Comments

• Options
    Not tried it myself. My housemate has though and half the guys on there seem to suddenly go cold on her after a promising start. I wouldn't get your hopes up, but it does work for some people. I guess it's luck as to who you find!
  • Options

I'm not really expecting too much from it tbh! Just thought I'd give it a go, you never know till you try eh :)

Plus Warrington is lacking in rather decent men I have to say...unless you like a boy who can just about spell his name and looks like he's just come off Jezza kyle, you're sorted then :thumb:
  • Options
    I had a 2 year relationship with someone that I met through , so there is some hope!! .

Just don't get too hung up on it, it can be a tad addictive
  • Options
    Addictive?...
  • Options
    The thrill of getting chatted up and the flirting and that jazz...trawling through profiles and tweaking your profile...

It's easy to get carried away with it all!
  • Options
    I have done it, I've tried different sites. I met a few people from them (majority were a-holes in person compared to online). 2 of them I've met are my good friends (even 3-4 years later) and I've recently met up with someone again after nearly 2 years of not seeing him in the flesh though we still spoke now and again. Its not all gloom. Haven't done it for a while though.
  • Options
    I tried it and met someone off of it who I dated for over a year. It went slightly wrong but nothing to do with how we met. The thing that puts me off is that there seems to be no subtlety to it. Everyone is there for the same reason and so I was always worried that dates organised from it could feel like a trial because they could just go onto the next girl. I'd be more cautious and pick potential dates carefully.