Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Anthony Worrall Thompson

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru

Comments

• Options
    These stories always make me laugh because of how the celebrity has to appear contrite and ready to get help with their 'problem': "I don't know what's happened to me, I hope I can get the help I clearly need".

You saw that pine nuts were £4.49 and though "fuck, that's a lot for pine nuts... but I do love home-made pesto". And then you put them in your pocket AWT. Like we've all done at one time or another.

I'd give serious kudos to a celebrity whose statement was "I thought I'd make whipping up an organic hummus involve a touch less of payment via my nasal passages".
  • Options
    Yeah I had a good old laugh at this too.

37116d1326111457-tv-chef-arrested-shop-lifting-sun.png
  • Options
    I love the phrase "misusing a self service checkout". It makes it sound so...depraved.

Who the hell hasn't been tempted to nick stuff from Tesco? Given the prices they charge, I reckon I could ethically and morally justifying nicking about half my weekly shop.
  • Options
    Misusing a self service check out makes it sound so much more sordid (and thus entertaining) than it actually was.

On the taglines competition front:

Tesco value - not even worth paying for.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Why did the chicken cross the road?

It was in Anthony Worrall Thompson jacket
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Ainsley Harriot - 'So Debbie show us what you've got in your bag'

Debbie - 'Well i've got 5lbs of chateaubriand, caviar, truffles, champagne with gold flakes, pine nuts and Tesco value spaghetti hoops.'

Ainsley - 'Oh a real luxury bag then. And how much did that cost you ?'

Debbie - 'Nothing. I got Anthony to get it and spent the tenner on scratchcards.'