Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Girl said she needed time??

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi I'm 17 years old and a boy. Me and this girl have been quite close friends the last couple of months and I love her. She recently broke up with her boyfriend and i stayed close with her the whole time. I have asked her out a couple of times but she says we are too close. Anyway six days ago she asked me out and of course I said yes! But unfortunately two days ago she said that she wanted to be single for a bit so she can relax because she felt like every time she saw me she had to impress me. She says she does still like me and when she is ready to go out with someone and ahe still likes me then she will come to me first. What are the chances of this happening??

Comments

• Options
    Perhaps she still wants to remain close and have the friendship that you previously have.
  • Options
    Should I tell her.... Again????

In my previous post I explained the situation I'm in. I, explain it again. I'm in love with this girl and have been for a few months now, we have been really close friends the last couple of months. She recently broke up with her boyfriend and I remained close to her the whole time. I have asked her out a couple of times and she has said no because she thnks we r too close. Anyway six days ago she asked me out and of course I said yes!!!! Unfortunately three days ago she broke up with me because she said that she wants to be single for a while to relax because she felt every time she saw me she had to impress me and also she wanted to sort out her feelings. She also said to me that when she is ready to go out with someone and she still likes me the way she does just now she will ask me out. What are the chances of this happening????

Anyway there's the story explained. We are still really close, she is coming round to mine in 4 and a half hours. I'm debating in my mind whether or not I should say this to her when she comes round??:

"Emily I love you to bits and I would do anything for you right now. When you asked me out on Friday night I was ecstatic. I loved being able to say that you were my girlfriend, your the most gorgeous, funny and nicest girl I have ever met. You have no idea how much I want to be your boyfriend when you are ready to go out with someone. I promise that if you do go out with me that i will be the nicest, warm hearted and the most caring boyfriend you've ever had. I know we are really close and I don't want that ever to
    change. I love you and always will."

I am considering saying this to her but I don't know if it will sound a bit desperate?? Help me please.

I was also going to ask her "what are the chances of you going back out with me once you are ready?". Again I don't know if it sounds a bit desperate. I need help and an answer fast please!!!!!! Thanks
  • Options
    Hey Sojo, welcome to TheSite :wave:

I've merged your most recent thread into the orginal one as it's basically an update on the situation and for other people to offer their advice it makes more sense to keep it all together :)

You obviously feel really strongly for this girl and that you need to get these feelings out in the open but you're worried about scaring her off as well. I guess it's about finding a balance between being honest about how you feel for your own peace of mind and also trying not to put too much pressure on her to make a decision. Perhaps toning things down a little bit would be a good idea? Or choosing a moment when you're both really relaxed.

Hearing someone confess their love for you can be a lot to take on board if you're not sure about how you feel back and she may not know what to say. It's worth being prepared - she might not be able to tell you what you want to know. Saying that, it's really only you that can decide and in the moment things are likely to come out a bit differently anyway.

She's chopped and changed her mind a bit here too so it's clear she is a little confused, maybe she doesn't want to risk the friendship you already have as G says. She mentioned feeling you guys were too close, do you know what she meant by that?

Don't forget that you also deserve to be with someone that you're sure feels the same way about you. Would you want to be with her knowing she wasn't 100% sure? It can be hard to give someone space when you're dying to know what's going to happen so once you've got things out in the open it might help to focus on just having fun together, enjoy the friendship you have and let her come to you if and when she's ready?

Good luck! Are you seeing her over the weekend?
  • Options
    Thanks jo, yeah I'm seeing her in a couple of hours. True enough I probably wouldn't want to be in a relationship with not knowing if shes 100 percent. She meant by us being to close that it would be weird kissing me because it would feel she was making out with a family member. I have wanted to go out with her for a long time but obviously I can't make her mind up. I just need tho hope that she likes me when she's ready.
    Thanks again
  • Options
    Being that close to someone of the opposite sex can certainly be confusing and it sounds like that's what she might be struggling with, it's hard to know for sure though... let us know how it goes, oh and I'm not sure if you've seen this but the I'm in love with my best friend article might be worth a read. If things don't end up working out then you still have a great friend by the sounds of it *hug*
  • Options
    Thank you and I will do