Home Health and Wellbeing
Exciting news! Join our watch club and get free access to NOW for 1 month

Back Pain...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
anyone else suffer from it... ?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Would you like to tell us more about these back pains? If you are really worried, I would best advise you to see a GP if it is still bothering you!
    i get them in my lower back after i've been standing or walking for long periods of time. They dont stop me from doing anything there just annoying...:(
    I don't know how old you are but you should get it checked out at the doctors, I used to have the same and it turned out I had scoliosis which is a curve in your spine, it's common in teenage girls. my curve was very mild though. of course it could also be nothing to do with that but you should get it checked anyway :)
    thanks for the advice :) i might make an appointment with my doctor but i dont really like going unless i have to...
    I had the exact same problem until i got psyio.
    cleared it right up! only time i get pain in my lower back now is when i got my period
  • SkiveSkive No discipline. No morality. No respect. New ForestPosts: 15,180 Skive's The Limit
    Get a tens machine.
    Yesterday is history
    Tomorrow is a mystery
    But today is a gift
    That’s why it’s call the present
    Skive wrote: »
    Get a tens machine.

never heard of one...
  • SkiveSkive No discipline. No morality. No respect. New ForestPosts: 15,180 Skive's The Limit
    They're good if you have the patience to find a setting that'll work well for you. My mother used one for pain cancer gave her. Really helped her deal with the pain.
    Yesterday is history
    Tomorrow is a mystery
    But today is a gift
    That’s why it’s call the present
    That 'Tens Machine' looks like an interesting device.

I did a bit more digging around and found some more information on them (see the link below). Like everything it would appear it has mixed results. Research suggests that it may not always be effective but clearly people have reported them to be of great use in combating pain. Like everything though, it's always best to consult with a doctor before starting anything new, especially when that something involves electical pulses to the body :confused:. Obviously i'm not the expert, but the advice below would suggest caution and even advises against using it for a non diagnosed problem.

Back pain can be really uncomfortable so I feel your 'pain' if you'll pardon the pun. :)

Check out the link.

http://www.patient.co.uk/health/TENS-Machines.htm

Phil :thumb:
    I used a tens machine in labour and thought it was brilliant. If you can find one cheap it's deffo worth a try!

I have also been having physio for back problems and it's been really helpful.

You don't need to put up with back pain, there are loads if things you can try to help it :)