Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Meth/dex/amphetamine?

Has anyone had any experaince with the different types of speed on the market.
Personaly I normaly get base which I think is actualy amphetamine freebase but I've tried meth and loved the stuff, its really quite different from normal speed.
I know you all think that speed is a 'dirty' drug but by the sounds of things a few of you have used it.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I thought you couldnt get meth in this country although i would have loved to have tried it when i used to do it. I used to mainly get base speed, and im not sure why people think its a dirty drug, as its the best drug ive tried, mind you thats why i had such a problem with it.
  • Options
    I laid my hands on some meth in Canada when I was in a club there a while back. The difference between that and base really struck me, meth is a much happier drug.
    I guess the best way to express it is with base your confident but you do kinda know in the back of you mind that its false;
    However with meth you feel confident because you KNOW you should.
    Understand?
  • Options
    I haven't had that much exerience with it, but I have done some speed and base in my time. Find its perfect if you need some energy, but other than that I don't see much point in it. Haven't tried meth personally, but some of my friends have and loved it.

I find speed can send me out of control.... I dance and dance and dance and don't stop until I collapse... literally. I did myself some damage once (on base) by completely wearing out my body, but continued to dance like mad for over an hour. Eventually I stopped, and my hands seized up. This happened a few times sinse, once with my entire body seizing, so I couldn't move a muscle. I stopped taking it for a long time, but have found a taste for it again now.

I call it a dirty drug because it has a kind of dirty feel to it, especially on the comedown. Also, speed is cut a lot, and could be cut with many different things.
  • Options
    Yeah it does have the potential for making you over active, which especialy in a hot club enviroment isnt good for you.
    As for it being cut, I'd again aggree some speed is really not very pure, however because it is one of the cheapest drugs on the market the cut's are very unlikely to be other drugs. They're going to be inactive, such as glucose.
    This isnt really a great defence of a drug that can well be only 10% pure but unlike coke normaly other drugs arnt mixed with it.
  • Options
    Ive tried speed and base. I thought speed was better simply coz the base i took gave me a buzz for bout an hour to an hour and a half. The speed buzz lasted about 2-3 hours.

Comedowns for me were same.

I have no desire to do meth, its very highly addictive like crack and heroin.
  • Options
    Meth is quite addictive, but the chance of you using it arent actualy that bad.
    It does turn up it pills on occation and if you do those you may well have some at some point.
    As anyone who had the mitzi-triangles will testment the mix of meth and mdma is very powerful.

I think that is only a matter of time till meth turns up in clubs on a more regular basis, its just such an easy chemical to make, the profits are high and in comparison to normal speed its a much more pleasurable drug.
  • Options
    I hope it doesnt show up in clubs and becomes regular use.

Once addicted this drugs is as bad as heroin ur life can spiral into shite! Most mentally addictive drug there is i read somewhere.

I read into a persons experience and addiction problems with this drug and has put me off for life. i try and find a link
  • Options
    ive heard the same thing as you mattbomb
  • Options
    late 70s lot of meth available. white soft and smelt very healthy.
    very sexual high...for everyone i ever met who got into it. and would last for hours. i remember black bombers...dexamphetamine' in the days when chemists, pharmacutical factories and bonded wharehouses were the victims of crime and the main stay of the pills and powder market.
    now civilians are the target. green and clears anyone older ?
    double dexies ? the list is endless.
    but this boys love affair is over......but just reminding me again oh dear.
  • Options
    i hated dexies, horrible , just made me feel awake, but really tense and in a bad mood. nothing pleasurable at all.
  • Options
    dexies are lush! Wakefulness and buzz of speed, but not too harsh a comedown. They come in 5mg pills, with something like SPK or SPF 5mg stamped on them. Pure d-amphetamine, nice!
  • Options
    I didnt find they were anywhere near as nice. speed always put me in a happy mood, dexies felt more like i had overdosed on caffeine majorly, really anxious and jittery. isnt it weird how the same drug will have different effects for 2 people.
  • Options
    Originally posted by rainbow brite
    I didnt find they were anywhere near as nice. speed always put me in a happy mood, dexies felt more like i had overdosed on caffeine majorly, really anxious and jittery. isnt it weird how the same drug will have different effects for 2 people.

Interesting, cos street speed is generally a racemate (i.e. a mixture of l- and d-amphetamine) whereas dexies are just d-amphetamine, which is generally (correct me if I'm wrong) considered to be more active.
    Although I believe I read somewhere that one of the isomers has a more physical effect and one more mental, but I can't remember which way round.
    Personally I've always found dexies to be quite euphoric. Ephedrine, now thats jittery...
  • Options
    im not sure what you meant by street speed, but the stuff i used to get was usually very very good, although you could tell different batches easily, as the effects were different with each batch. I do remember getting some speed once that i was sure it was ground up dexies, because the hit was so horrible. the stuff i used to get was pretty pure, and if cut, was only cut with glucose, so im not sure what you mean.
  • Options
    street speed - speed you buy "on the street", i.e. illegally produced amphetamine. Dexedrine pills are legally produced.
  • Options
    i see, street speed is a misleading title then, as i would have thought street speed would mean stuff you buy off someone you dont really know in a club or on the street.
  • Options
    Sorry, maybe a crap term, I'm just using it to distinguish between illicitly made amphetamine and legal pharmaceutical stuff.
  • Options
    I thought that dexies were preaty much never ever prescribed any more, although I'd have to aggree with Rainbow brite I've had lots of 'street' speed in the past that did feel different, like the might have been dexamphet.
  • Options
    I know a few people with dexy scrips.
  • Options
    Is that prescribed for a speed, weight or attention problem?
    Although I think your only allowed to prescribe 40mg a day which wouldnt really hold a speed junkie very well.
  • Options
    I thought they only prescribed it for narcolepsy
  • Options
    The people I know with scrips get it to control a speed addiction (well thats the excuse, what they really do is sell it).
    Dunno how much they get, but they seem to have pill packets of at least 30 5mg pills every week or 500ml linctus bottles.
  • Options
    wow i never knew i could have got it for that, would have saved me a fortune. mind you i dont think i would have had the guts to tell my doctor, and managed to give up on my own eventually anyway
  • Options
    I think it really depends on the docter, he will probally get trouble for prescribing that kind of stuff or at least will have to justify his reason.
    As for the amount they are prescribed, I certainly couldnt maintain a speed habit for that, its only about 20mgs a day, most speed heads do about a gram of base.
  • Options
    it would have certainly helped when i was giving up though, i doubt i would have wanted that when i was at the height of my addiction as i dont like the dexies buzz, but as a tool for staying awake and being able to hold down my job, instead of having to make a lunchtime trip to my dealers every day to hit up just to stay awake. I doubt my doctors would have prescribed me them actually, as they were a nice little village surgery, i would have probably been taken off the books if id admitted it.
  • Options
    I was a student when I had my speed habit, so it fitted around my life quite well. Did a few raps in the morning, went to class, a few more raps in class (subtly) and then home to more than a few lines.
    Only problem was I got through an ounce too quick! I did think that perhaps having a bit problem and then buying an ounce might not have been the best idea, oh well.