Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Why is the world so harsh???

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I am sick and tired of this, like...Are you kidding me.

Today I was in church, because it is Sunday and yes I go to church. Now I am not a strong believer in God, because there is a lot I do not agree with. I do not go to church on my own nor do I go with people, but I decided to go with my Best Friend today. I do not know how but it was the middle of church and everyone (including me) was singing. Then the pasture person looked right at me and stopped the song, he walked over to me and called my the follower of the Devil and asked me to leave. I looked him right in the eye and

I said "what give's you the right to kick me out, I have just as much right to be here as anyone else"

He said "I do not allow your kind in my church...Gays"

So I left peacefully standing up for my right, as everyone in the church chanted "GAY'S ARE NOT PEOPLE, BURN IN HELL DEMON"

Like really WTF did I do, I do not understand why and how people can be so ignorant. It's not like I choose to be the way I am, why would I? Why would I choose to be bullied, kicked out of church, shunned by society and hated by my family? Why would anyone choose that. But now It's because I prefer Guys over Girls that I deserve to be treated like this, I mean I have cried for hours because it's not like I broadcast the fact that i am gay. I mean like I do not run around in a TOTO and scream to the world that I am gay, because it is none of their business. I mean, I am having a hard enough time being myself, I am trying to be strong and I am trying to be myself, because I do not want to take the same path as my Dead gay best friend, because he got picked on daily from people.

But now the same thing is happening to me. I was in McDonald the other day and I was chased home by 3 kids who said I did not deserve to live because I was gay. While I was running one of them threw a knife at me and it just missed my shoe by an inch. LIKE WHAT THE F*CK what did I ever do to them, to make me...to make them want to kill me. Like this is ridicules I wake up every morning SCARED for my life, because I may go outside and DIE for no reason...well it is for a reason, someone made a fairy tale a LONG time ago and it stated that Gay's are devils...and then they called it the Bible and DRILLED it into kids heads, and how are we as a society going to get better if Parents just drill it into your head "GAY IS WRONG" End of discussion. I love to help people, but it seems I have no one for me, and I am not kidding when I say if I tell my parents that I am gay they will kick me out because they did that to my sister and now no one talks to her because no one in this family likes gays. I AM HUMAN TOO, so why, please tell me WHY do you treat me like this??? :crying:

Comments

• Options
    You need to change the way you look clearly, if people can tell you're gay just by looking at you, you're doing something wrong (or right). Unless you can handle, what people say and do, then you have to hide it, as bad as society is...
    I get crucified for what i wear sometimes in public, but do i let it get to me? No. And do i take any sort of crap? No.

Why is the world so harsh? Because humans have no rules. Quicker you learn the fact the world is horrible place, and people will kick you whilst you're down, and people will take advantage of you whenever they can, and people will kick the shit out of you cos you're different, the easier it gets.

Why do people treat you like this? Because of the way they were brought up most likely, the people around them and it was completely socially acceptable to hate on gay people.

All i can suggest, is either be who you are, face the world as tough as it is, or dress/act like a everyone else, don't let people know you're gay.

Also Name and place of this church?
    And p.s if anyone finds this post harsh/homophobic in some way, gtfo because i'm not straight lol.
  • Options
    You live in a country where there liberal views towards homosexuality on the whole. What they are doing is illegal. You do have every right to report them to the police.

Yes, you might be dressing in a possibly suggestive way, is it possible that people could have found out some other way? Is someone broadcasting it?

I'd look at charities for some support such as community one foundation http://www.communityone.ca
  • Options
    Stories like this make me so angry, but you're not alone and most churches aren't like that. The Bible doesn't say that gay people have demons; but it sounds like you were at a very evangelical church where that language is common.

Is there a Metropolitan Community Church near you? They were founded by a gay pentecostal preacher back in the sixties so they're very accepting. There are a few in Canada.

I'm not sure whether you need to change how you look, but that's up to you. Have you been dressing differently since you started to come out? That could account for why you get grief but it's them who need to change ultimately. I used to get shit just for being a woman with short hair. The fact I was gay was almost incidental, the abuse was based on an immediate impression of how I dressed.

If you can get hold of a book called Living it Out, which was published over here last year, that might encourage you. It's all about the ways LGB people have found to live their lives within their faith and/or the church.

Just to say again, most churches don't take that attitude and frankly any church that abuses anyone on any basis is not one I'd want to be a part of so they've probably done you a favour.
  • Options
    Shikari wrote: »

Why is the world so harsh? Because humans have no rules. Quicker you learn the fact the world is horrible place, and people will kick you whilst you're down, and people will take advantage of you whenever they can, and people will kick the shit out of you cos you're different, the easier it gets.

Why do people treat you like this? Because of the way they were brought up most likely, the people around them and it was completely socially acceptable to hate on gay people.

All i can suggest, is either be who you are, face the world as tough as it is, or dress/act like a everyone else, don't let people know you're gay.

Also Name and place of this church?
    And p.s if anyone finds this post harsh/homophobic in some way, gtfo because i'm not straight lol.

I dont kick people when they are down, nor do I take advantage of others whenever I see an opportunity.
  • Options
    Very sceptical however if this is true then its disgusting. I live in a pretty rough area where race and sexuality play heavily on whether you will be accepted into the community. I don't like it but i can only make sure that i behave in an accepting way and hope that others will in time do the same.

Either way, you have met with some issues arising from your sexuality. I hope that things will get easier for you. Sometimes you just have to go through the shit for a while to get to where you are meant to be. Trust me, even straight people with little or nothing different from the accepted "norm" will get picked on and face adversity. I just hope its not on this rediculous scale.
  • Options
    Have people potentially over looked the fact that people might know you are gay? I could understand someone guessing that Graeme Norton (UK tv) was gay, but generally on the whole I'd say you cant tell unless you were told or informed about it.
  • Options
    Very sceptical however if this is true then its disgusting. I live in a pretty rough area where race and sexuality play heavily on whether you will be accepted into the community. I don't like it but i can only make sure that i behave in an accepting way and hope that others will in time do the same.

Even in the UK this happens, but the OP is from North America where that sort of religious fundamentalism is more prevalent than over here.
  • Options
    Because I dated a kid named Brenden (as I said in older threads) people just found out. I am not trying to be full of myself but up until that point I was the MOST popular kid at my school, and I still am...things like this don't happen where I live, people understand you have the RIGHT to be different.

The place where this happened is in my old town, mostly..basically a Getto. People don't care what happens there. For some reason there its a crime to be different and its punished by public opinion.

I try not to go there as much, because this is where shit like that happens, but my Mother lives there so I must visit at times, the times I choose to sleep all day and talk at night to people on Facebook. Because I am scared that if I go outside someone will recognize me, call me gay and I am toast.

I don't dress like the 'gay' image you are all suggesting. I dress mostly like this.

http://wwwdelivery.superstock.com/WI/223/4062/PreviewComp/SuperStock_4062-1354.jpg

http://mediaext.djnetworks.net/media/659/312/files/6593126.jpg

Actually here is a photo of me.

http://i374.photobucket.com/albums/oo185/randy123321/photo.jpg

http://i374.photobucket.com/albums/oo185/randy123321/photo-1.jpg
  • Options
    I can tell people are gay just from the way they move their ass when they walk, so no idea.
    And you like a fairly strong lad, if people start anything just slap em?
  • Options
    Shikari wrote: »
    I can tell people are gay just from the way they move their ass when they walk, so no idea.

Forgive me for being cynical
  • Options
    piccolo wrote: »
    Forgive me for being cynical

Quite.

I might start walking with a little wiggle now :D
  • Options
    I thought everyone could tell gay people just by looking at them. Two heads, fruity hips, they just look queer. As for lesbians, you can always spot them a mile off, they're the ones in the corner wearing dungarees and listening to Joan Armatrading.

Am I right or am I, indeed, right?

Joking aside, what the OP describes does happen in very evangelical churches, it always has had and always will do. However more mainstream churches tend to be far more accepting, even the Catholic church I worship at is generally accepting (although there are official objections with "practising" gay people, most worshippers couldn't give a monkey's).
  • Options
    Joking aside, what the OP describes does happen in very evangelical churches, it always has had and always will do. However more mainstream churches tend to be far more accepting, even the Catholic church I worship at is generally accepting (although there are official objections with "practising" gay people, most worshippers couldn't give a monkey's).

I have ended up with a barrarge of snide remarks to counter standard religious objections but they never get a laugh from the people they're aimed at (frankly I don't think they understand) so I'm going to test them on you people.

"It's only a problem in the case of practising homosexuals." "That's all right, I'm very good."
    "I don't believe in homosexuality." "Every time you say that a fairy dies."

I've actually used both of those but they just elicit blank looks.
  • Options
    "It's only a problem in the case of practising homosexuals." "That's all right, I'm very good."

I don't get it?
  • Options
    I have ended up with a barrarge of snide remarks to counter standard religious objections but they never get a laugh from the people they're aimed at (frankly I don't think they understand) so I'm going to test them on you people.

They're brilliant.
  • Options

Best ever!!!
  • Options
    When someone ever chats to me about not believing in homosexuality, and this person is of a religious ilk;

Then I cant help but ask them that if they dont believe in a person who is different (as many people are in their own ways), then how can you believe in flying people with super powers? And I dont mean superman, I'm on about angels ;)
  • Options
    Big fan of chai tea myself.
  • Options
    G-Raffe wrote: »
    Then I cant help but ask them that if they dont believe in a person who is different (as many people are in their own ways), then how can you believe in flying people with super powers? And I dont mean superman, I'm on about angels ;)

A lot of evangelical protestants aren't all that keen on angels...
  • Options

I was thinking of the very same when I put it in inverted commas :lol:
  • Options
    "It's only a problem in the case of practising homosexuals."
    "That's all right, I'm very good."
    LMAO

That is my Favorite one :D.. Thx you guys!
  • Options
    Where do you stay that is so harsh? You should ask them to screw themselves! You did not deserve to be treated like this! You need to be strong and fierce and be yourself from within and not give a shit about what other people say! I understand how you feel. I been in a state where I wasn't being myself, like I was so afraid to step out me shell cause I feel that nobody can relate to me or understand how I feel. (I did try to tell some people how I feel but nobody truly understood me.)and it's a terrible terrible feeling, I struggled for at least 6years. and the feeling you get when you finally overcome the fact being afraid to face the world is great. The feeling of waking up and not feeling like :// I have to face the world again. You just have to remain positive, and keep seeking help (must be smart with who you trust as well uh) I hope/pray over you that you will see the light at the end of the tunnel soon! Keep trying! and STAY POSITIVE, THE LAW OF ATTRACTION. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ag5hq6hcDVw use it! good lc
  • Options
    (This thread is pretty old)
This discussion has been closed.