Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Im struggling.......

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Its always a good idea to start at the begining so here i go.....

I had quite a stressful childhood and teenage life i do not wish to go into details at this time as thats not why i am here. From the age of 12 to the age of 17/18 i self harmed, in what ever way i needed too and i became addicted to doing it (best way to describe im sure other people will understand this feeling) but with alot of work on my part i managed to stop.
Now i have just turned 22 and i am ashamed to admit but until recently that was my clothes size too. I am 5ft11 and since i was 11 have always been "bigger" by the age of 15 i had finished growing and was a size 18. Well recently i decided i'd had quite enough and joined the p90x programme i have so far lost about 2stone in weight and my aim is to be a size 16 rather than a goal weight.
What has occurred to me now i am dieting is it would seem i replaced my self harming with food i never noticed it before as i had always had a sweet tooth but now i have started to notice everytime i am stressed i CRAVE my comfort foods. Now i am following quite a strict diet to the best of my ability, i am really struggling with stress to the point where iv started debating self harming again. For the last 4+ years i have struggled now and then not to do it but now its everyday. Im really struggling to cope and dont really have anyone to talk too. Im just wondering if anyone can make any suggestions to try and help me.

Thank you for reading this xxxx

Comments

• Options
    Have you talked to your gp abou this? If not that could be a good start, tell her/him how you're feeling because s/he might have more suggestions.
    Maybe in the mean time you could eat lots of fruit instead because that won't add to your weight as much.
  • Options
    My gp is much use, i dont really like them so i definatly dont feel comfortable talking to them when it comes to stuff like this. Its more a case of convenience where i live there is only 2 practises and the other is impossible to get too if you cant drive. Though i may just ask to be refered to a councillor.
    Believe it or not theres a limit of the fruit i can eat and it isnt much so iv been trying to buy berries and eat them with mini meringues to give myself the sugar with low calories its just the same.
  • Options
    Could you see a different GP at your surgery?