Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Hair Colouring Problems..

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I recently got my hair dyed a dark purple, and I was told by my hairdresser that it would be difficult to get blonde back into my hair if I wanted it back. I was sure I would have loved it, but I really want the blonde and brown back. Probably a strange question to ask, but how can I or my hairdresser make it easier so i can get it back to my blonde and brown rather than my purple hair?
I have no way of contacting my hairdresser which is why I am asking on here..

Comments

• Options
    Exactly in the same situation!!!
    I died my hair Dark Bordeaux last week, like it - but my lighter hair suits me so much more! Stupidly it was permanent -.-

I assume you dyed it permanently?
    I'm not entirely sure how to get it lighter (sorry not very helpful)
    But when you do get the chance do try get hold of your hairdresser and book an appoitment. But remember you just dyed your hair so you should keep it like that for a while or you'll just destroy your hair.
    Also the only safe way to get your hair lighter is to get it done professionally - which can be expensive.
    I think if you've dyed your hair you need to get the colour stripped which should be done by your hairdresser, then if it's your original colour then woo! :yippe:
    - Again I'm not entirely sure but thats what I think you have to do, judging on what my friends have done..

But it is possible - hope you sort your hair out :) x
  • Options
    Go lighter bit by bit. One/two shades at a time. Bearing in mind that it will probably go ginger/plain orange at most of the stages. Make sure you condition it lots on the way. Rubbing olive oil into your hair and washing it with head and shoulders will lessen the purple for the moment too.
  • Options
    If you use a lightener, as Grace says, you have to be prepared for some orange. Ash blonde tones can neutralise this.
  • Options
    Superdrug sell something called B4 Colour which apparently shrinks the artificial dye molecules in hair and washes them out. Reviews on the web are generally pretty positive if you wanted to give it a go first before resorting to bleach which obviously isn't the best thing for hair.
  • Options
    the stuff AR talks about is effective although if you had blond before the darker hair dye will have stained the hair cuticle so it won't go back to blond without bleach really, it could be good to get the purple out. The hair colour remover smells and the smell stays in your hair for 3/4washes, that said i would use it again. Savers do a similar product.