Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Root Canal Treatment

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Just had it done as I had an abscess on one of my roots due to a large hole that sprung out of no where at the weekend!!!!

Am in fucking agony man.

Anyone else been unfortunate enough to go through this, or has anyone had treatment that is 10 times worse than this??????

Poor me :(

Oh aye, one more thing this should be in health forum, bollocks!!

Mods do your stuff

Comments

• Options
    his teeth i think? :confused:
  • Options
    Originally posted by RNT
    maybe i am a dunce...but what the fuck are you talking about :confused:

It's major dental surgery...and not recommended if you have a low pain threshold...

or even a high pain threshold.
  • Options
    The pain, the pain!!!!!!!!

OOOOOOOOOOuuuuuuuucccccccchhhhhhhhhh

And yes it major dental treatment!!!!

:(
  • Options
    I have an ear canal infection and the really hurts but seeing as yours is major surgery, yours probably hurts more :D
  • Options
    For people that havent got a scooby as into what is involved!!!

What I went through:

The dentist drilled the hole(which was already there)to a larger size and then continued down until h reached the 3 nerves that the tooth contained. He then used 3 different sized pins to and I quote "mash" the nerves up destroying the nerves all together.

He had to do this about 5 times, so that was 5 times prodding 3 different pins into my 3 nerves, which let me tell you is the most painful thing I have ever had done to me in my life!!!

There you go now you understand the pain I am in and on top of that it cost me £80 :(:(:(
  • Options
    *shudders*
    I once had to have my tonsils drained as they were full of gunk. Doctor guy stuck a needle in the back of my mouth, several times, was horrible. I'm not the biggest fan of needles at the best of times.
    *lesson for the day* - Go to the bloomin' doctors before its too late and you have to get something horrible done. :(
  • Options
    Had a root canal filling last year and it hurt like fuck!!!
    The root was infected following an accident ten years ago, so they thought it was dead, but apparently not! And I fucking knew about it! If you ever have to have it done then ask for a lot of a anaesthetic.
  • Options
    I had root canal treatment a few years ago after I got an abcess in my tooth, bloody hell, it was easily the most painful experience of my life!! And to top it all off, it didnt bloody work! The infection that started in my tooth ended up in my lymph glands and I had a nice 5 day stay in hospital while they cut me open and cleaned it all up.

Ive just noticed it's lunchtime so I wont go into anymore graphic detail!!

:D
  • Options
    When I had root canal treatment I had a local anasthetic and it didn't hurt at all. Didn't you lot have the mouth numbed first?!!!
  • Options
    I got my mouth numbed first but it still hurt like hell, maybe my dentist was some kinda weirdo who got his kicks out of sticking pins in peoples mouths :(
  • Options
    Don't worry, went through a root channel filling as well... I was 9 or 10 years old at the time :eek:! All happened after an excident, where my entire front tooth got ripped out of my gums, and re-placed there (love dentists for that). So after that, they said that the root needed to be removed.
    It's 6-7 years ago, so I don't remember the exact pain, but I did survive, and my tooth never went black, as it sometime does :D

Relax, it does hurt, but I can assure you that it's worth it.
  • Options
    Stop whinging! I've had 3 (at least... may have had more when younger. Yes, my teeth are fucked good and proper) and they don't hurt that much. Not that I'm in a hurry to have another one done. :eek:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Man Of Kent

It's major dental surgery...and not recommended if you have a low pain threshold...

Or if you don't like the taste of pus draing from new abcesses under the tooth onto you tongue. I detested it so much went back and had the bugger pulled:)