Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

People skills

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
What would you say are the top people skills needed for good relationships ?

Also do you know of any good books that look at people skills and how to forge good relationships ?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    People Skills

Hi Mark,

Although not too sure which books are the best, as I believe it various on the person. Especially with self help/ psychological books, it depends on various things such as intellectual levels, and what you fancy reading. So my advice would be to go to a bookshop like WHSmith or Waterstones and have a quick look in the psychology/Self help books there should be a lot of books on social skills.

For me the ideal people skills for good relationships varies from a sense of similar humour, acceptance of people, trustworthy, being open and caring. I think for me my person skills I look for can be summed up in one sentence, "be yourself".

I hope I helped you :)
    My flatmate swears by How to Win Friends and Influence People

I can't comment on the book myself but I would point out that he has me as a friend and, as we all know, I am a spectacular human being :o
    Hi,

Thanks for those thoughts guys.
    Pretending to give a shit about those around you that you couldn't care less about - what they say, what they do, what they think in order that they like you is the basis for having good relationships with people in general, so just feign interest....just not too much, or you'll get sussed. That's how to have good relationships with people in a group not of your choosing. but if you naturally hit it off with someone , you don't need skills as such.
This discussion has been closed.