Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

What is this weird rash

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
My son has this rash all over he's back,chest and arms that he says is because of him using E,s he's also very skinny 122lbs,5 feet 7 inches and aged 161/2 i also know he has used other drugs but i would like to know has anyone heard of this rash and if so how do we get rid of it as he's more aware now that summer is here.Cheers

Comments

• Options
    if he's a hundred and sixtyone an ahalf he's bound to get the odd rash. wonder if i'll still be smoking when i'm his age ?
  • Options
    Mdma should cause him to get a rash, it maybe some sort of skin infection brought on by his weakened imune system because of the pills.
    May I point out that your son really shouldnt be doing pills at such an important point in his development.
    I'm sure you've already thought of that but I'd recomend that you sit down with him and find out what he is taking and how often.
    16 is young to be getting involved in hard drugs.
    The more you know about what he's taking and why the more you can help him.
  • Options
    did he take anything after the pills to try to rid it from his body so it wouldnt show on a drug test?

ive never heard of rashes from ecstasy itself, but i have friends that have drug tests on a regular basis and after they do pills, i think they take niacin tablets. i believe its supposed to help flush the drugs from their body when they urinate. their whole body would turn red and they would have really painful itching all over.

probably not what your son is experiencing, but hope it helps anyway.
  • Options
    Thanks for the replies
    Bongbudda i may have sounded flippant in my question but if you refer back in March i think you would see that myself, husband and he's two eldest brothers have all took turns in sitting down and talking to him i have got him info on drugs so he knows the risks he takes them because where i live 90% of the youth do and he likes the "buzz" i have already gone into detail before so i never repeated myself when i asked a further question and stated how much trouble,heartache etc... it has caused us as parents as i found out by previous answers that the replies i got were from young people who are doing drugs and it seems i am in the minority by being the mum of one
    regards
  • Options
    hey fed up mum,do you mind if i send you private email ?
    i was one of those kids when you didn't have the exuse of 10% of the kids on the estate taking anything...but i did and drugs became my life...my wife..my only reason. i'm from manchester originaly and have all kinds of friends/family connections there so know what your having to live with. the kids on those estates
    haven't got "hope" in any way shape or form of being a part of this "classless" society we all live in aye.
    if you haven't come back and read this i'm gonna pm you in a couple of days anyway..unless you tell me otherwise ok.
    i know the kids situation and as a parent and grand parent i know where your coming from as well. all my kids smoke weed but have escaped the estates and stuff. thier all strugling on pretty well in life as honest working folk...which was something i never achieved.
    i feel that if yours is a serious post i'd like to be in touch.....
  • Options
    I didnt want to sound preachy, I've only been posting here for a short while so I assumed that this was one of your first posts, I certainly didnt want to cause offence. I'm sorry if I did

I never did pills as a kind but I did smoke a lot of weed and I know now how much it worried my parents, you have my sympathy.
  • Options
    M.R it's fine to email me,i'v never took any drugs unless you count alcohol caffeine and nicotine not even weed in fact i have had to pack in smoking 6 weeks ago due to an illness.B.B sorry if i sounded brash i just didn't want you to think i'm ok with him taking drugs when that could not be further from the truth.all the best :)
  • Options
    Yer u can get rashes after taking E. I remember reading sumwhere why some people get it but i cant remember why and i cant find the website :( doh!

I heard 1 reason may be because of dehydration, but i dont think this is the reason they gave on that website
  • Options
    im not sure about the rash, but what bongbuddy sed, i do agree with u at taking E at 16 can be a bad thing, but i know a couple of 16 yr olds who are more mature than a 25 year old wen it comes to doing an E, i mean iv been doing it since i woz 16 and im now 18, but i still recon that its not the age, its the maturity
  • Options
    I dont think is got anything to do with maturity, more to do with your brain still developing at that age. could be detrimental to mess about with mind altering chemicals at a young age. I dont know if this has been proven or whether it is just theory, Ive never taken E myself, although was taking LSD at 16 - I imagine thats worse. I seem to be alright now.
  • Options
    Exactly, the brain formation changes during your adolesance and therefore taking anything that could well effect that has got to be a bad thing.
    Other drugs such as cannabis and lsd which dont have a big pyhsical impact will effect his emotional growth.
  • Options
    Does ur son know about this site? if not maybe u could ask him 2 come on here and read all the information provided on E etc he might learn some things off here which may make him safer when usin drugs...

i`m not gonna throw statistics etc at u but E is relatively safe 2 use in fact its probably1 of the safest substances goin doesn`t take away the fact 2 much use can fuck u up... i was very in 2 pillz 4several months myself now i`ve had 2 stop because the comedowns r so bad and heads showin signs of badly needin a rest and so on.

even though u r worried about ur son at the end of the day it has 2 be his choice if he wants 2 get out of the drugs scene if he chooses 2 carry on all u can really do is keep a eye on him make sure his not doin 2 much and be there 4 him.

some people dabble with drugs for a bit then kick it in2 touch depends on person and the situation...

keep us informed on how it goes
    all the best