Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

How accurate is Clarks feet measurement?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I have never (aside from being in between sizes) had any problems at all with buying shoes.

I have a 20% voucher for Clarks and decided to get some new shoes. According to them, I'm a 3G. My feet have always supposedly been skinny. I can get into most (apart from some trainers - but it does depend on the make) shoes and sometimes find even a size 3 (only Next own brand shoes and trainers) is far too big for me.

When I've had my feet measured elsewhere, I've always been a size 3. Or it's boots, a size 4.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    clarks dont do width measurements for adult shoes, and the measuring accuracy will vary according to who does it. Your best bet is to try on shoes.
    I am a different size in different shops/brands and always always always try on before buying
    Probably not that relavant here but when i went to get shoes for Mrs they said that Clarkes and Startright had different sizing so its always important to try your shoes on and walk around in them. Even in one shop they can be different i tried on a size 7 in next and one pair of shoes was too big and the other to small
    Yeah, I wouldn't bother with foot measuring, it'll vary depending on the brand and shape of the shoes and even what materials they're made from.

I have funny shaped feet, so always try before I buy and have been everywhere from a 2.5 to a 5. If they fit, they fit. Don't get hung up on the number.
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Sorry for not being helpful, but I'm surprised. I thought it was common practise to try on clothes before you buy them and try a couple of sizes up or down until you find what fits. :confused:
    it is for most people, unless you buy online
    Foot measuring is only ever good as a guide because different manufacturers will give a different overall fit anyway.

Do all of my shopping online and get it right most of the time....

Have bought shoes from Clarks online and have always found that "my size" fits perfectly
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Oh! That explains it.