Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

not sure where 2 post this - help plz

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
ok well my care worker gave me a week to decide what i want to do,
she gave me some suggestions options etc later that day i broke down
on the phone to her saying imay aswell give up.. feel i cant recover untill over "Ian" a lad who
physically and sexually assulted me and she said you need to accept it happened and moved on but how can i wen she wont help me :(

Anyway i got reali upset like she wasnt listening etc so i didnt turn up to my appointment on tues,
i asked her very nicely tuesday to plz ring me its now friday and i have nothing.. i needed her the most and she let me down, shes always doi0ng this i feel she don't care, and because i havent decided what i wanna do shes guna have ago @ me when next see her please help what shall i do ???

I'm tempted to quit then im stuck and alone and theres no other care workers,
and thats my only local mental health team.

Thanks for your help,

Depressedgal

Comments

• Options
    You mention that you feel she let you down by not getting in touch, yet you were the one that did not turn up to an appointment?

I'm sure care workers can be quite busy people and thats why it is important to try and keep to appointments where ever possible, or at least let them know of changes/cancellations at the earliest oppertunity.

I know you are finding things hard, but if you think of all the times where you have thought it was not worth carrying on, and you didnt know if you could, you are still here. I'll leave this be now so someone else can come in and add some more advice, but stay strong and remember even though you might feel that you have been staring into the abyss, you are still here!
  • Options
    G-Raffe wrote: »
    You mention that you feel she let you down by not getting in touch, yet you were the one that did not turn up to an appointment?

Atleast i TOLD her .. y u trying to make me feel bad for?? this is why i DONT come on these forums!
    i mean give up with her not lifev :(

my care worker had the chance to ring me when it was meant to b my appointment my care worker is always free . i always tell her when not turning up
  • Options
    I didnt mean to make you feel bad, I'm sorry about that, just the way you worded your first post made it sound like you didnt turn up and then asked her to ring you.
  • Options
    Given that you told her you won't be there, doesn't mean she'll have nothing to do.
  • Options
    Hello DepressedGal,

I am sorry to hear you are struggling at the moment, it must be difficult for you!! -Hugs- I can't really understand what you have written above, but not attending the session proves that you weren't really that bothered, why did you expect her to call you when you didn't turn up to your session? Your care worker also has other people to deal with, so maybe late on responding to you, so please do wait, when do you next see her? I would suggest not quitting, because I doubt that will help much, I think you should speak to her straight on about how she is making you feel, because I know you have had problems in the pass with her, you state your care worker is "Always free" How do you know that? It is likely she has other people to deal with as well as you? G makes a few good points here which offer strong advice to your post, I doubt he was making you feel bad but just offering you advice, this is what this forum is for, their are other forum alternatives as well you may want to try, if this is not the correct forum for you, why don't you rind her instead of her ringing you?
  • Options
    Hi Depressedgal :wave:

How you doing ??
    Firstly let me start by saying Dont give up, you have come so far!! :thumb:

Also it is very difficult sometimes to express in writting what our voice can say in its tone, i have no doubt the guys were trying to give you sound advice, sometimes its difficult.

You sound really let down at the minute, I wonder what advice you would give to some one in your postion, have a think it may help.
    Also why dont you give your care worker a call, arrange the next meeting , see how it goes and explore your options with her.

Its not easy letting go of whats in your mind on the forum but its great you have.

Take care :)