Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Missed period and not pregnant

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
My period is about 5/6 days late now, and I'm a bit baffled because 1. I've never missed a period in my life 2. I haven't had sex since the dark ages (9 months ago) and that was with protection. 3. I haven't lost any weight recently 4. I have had my final exams during the end of last month but I wasn't overly stressed about them (I've been 10x worse in the past and still had my period). Should I be worried?

Comments

• Options
    If you've had exams in the last month, then I wouldn't be worried. How stressed you feel, and how your body responds to stress aren't necessarily the same.
  • Options
    There's a minimum weight thing before periods stop. Do you weight more than that?
  • Options
    Yeah I'm a healthy weight and actually the heaviest I've been most of my life
  • Options
    I'd put it down to exam/uni stress. You may not feel stressed but you may still be
  • Options
    Well just after I posted this I went to the loo and noticed a small amount of blood on the tissue, but it was only a small amount and very watery. Hopefully it's on it's way!
  • Options
    its not particularly uncommon to miss a period for no reason. I mean, if theres a chance of pregnancy its good to get it checked out, but if theres no chance of that, the doctor would just say its just one of those things, especially if youre a healthy weight etc
  • Options
    It finally started today, almost a whole week late!