Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

New to drugs, HELP!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
im relatively new to drugs, couple of 'e's and some speed, bit of blow, and a few g of charlie.
problem is, i think i need to be better advised on them. i have been clean for a month because i needed to sort my head out, i felt a bit mangled and veryt very depressed.

anyway got a few questions to ask:

Eccies: every time i take one or even a half i think im gonna die. i get mad rush, heart beats, feel panicky, have to go outside and get freash air and look a prat in front of me mates coz i keep telling them to talk to me and please dont leave me alone in case i splip into a coma. sounds stupid, but when i do it i freak out. cant cope qitht he comedowns either.

coke: I loved it. i used to get better hight then e but didnt gett he rush, used to just go out an dpull someone, felt all confident, could do important meetings etc. problem is a) itsd expensive and b) would feel depresseed for up to a week after. i would get rea;y nasty fee;ing os anxiety, lonlienessadness, homesick like feelings and just general tired and grumpy.

anyway

am i likely to die if i take an 'e'. hpw can i enhoy the trip better.
how do i get high without the alimighty - shit im mashed and buzzing - high that e gave me. I enjoyed the feeling os love and i wanted to hug everyone i also talked a lot but i couldnt cope with the sweating, sweaty palms, nervousness and just feeling like constantly i might pass out and die.

i knpow alot of it is in the mind , how can i take club drugs safely? what sort of pills shoudl i take , some where better than others, shopuld i take speed instead?
help me please and , dont larf, we've all been there :(

Comments

• Options
    Erm, you say that all you get from E is anxiety, paranoia e.t.c.....why don't you stop taking it?
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Re: New to drugs, HELP!
    Originally posted by thedude22

am i likely to die if i take an 'e'.

Very very unlikely, and it's even safer if you no what your doing properly. Ecstasy is one of the safets illegal drugs around, you have more chance of dying fishing or horseriding.
    Risk
    ...and more about the risk

I for one am prepared to take this 'very low risk' drug for a could be killed by many more likely events tomorrow.
    hpw can i enhoy the trip better.
    how do i get high without the alimighty - shit im mashed and buzzing - high that e gave me. I enjoyed the feeling os love and i wanted to hug everyone i also talked a lot but i couldnt cope with the sweating, sweaty palms, nervousness and just feeling like constantly i might pass out and die.

The simple answer to this is relax, no drug is nice if your paranoid or worried about the effects. A lot of people feel sick and sweaty as they 'come up' on their pill and the best way to deal with this is to sit down and wait it out, if you have to be sick do so, vomiting on pills is hardly ever nasty like alochol and I also advise only taking the pills in halfs and trying to come up gently.

Really the answer to you problem is to relax, you have to realise that although it's still debateable how damaging ecstasy really is, it's definately not a 'killer' as it is quite often portrayed.
    coke: I loved it. i used to get better hight then e but didnt gett he rush, used to just go out an dpull someone, felt all confident, could do important meetings etc. problem is a) itsd expensive and b) would feel depresseed for up to a week after. i would get rea;y nasty fee;ing os anxiety, lonlienessadness, homesick like feelings and just general tired and grumpy.

I find coke over rated and over priced and really save it for special occasions or every now and again when I get back from clubbing, but it's not really someting you want to be doing frequently, trust me. It can scew you up money wise and it's ceratinly worse for your health ...it causes more deaths a year than ectsasy.
    i knpow alot of it is in the mind , how can i take club drugs safely? what sort of pills shoudl i take , some where better than others, shopuld i take speed instead?

Mate, I wouldn't do pills in a club until your completey realxed doing them outside, and when you do, make sure your with you mates. The important thing is to look after yourself ...don't get to hot, drink about half a pint an hour but don't drink too much ...basically be careful until your realaxed and confident enough.

PS speed is dirty! :D
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    cheers

SKIVE:
    Thanks for the message It made a lot of sense what you sdaid.
    I think i have taken a few main pointers from it :
    - dont take speed its nasty shit
    - Try taking pills when im at a party or with mates int he house or a relatively quiet club or pub to get used to them,
    - take them in halves ( even 1/4s to get gently up )
    - relax a bit, stop telling yourself you are gonna collapse, instead just go with it
    - if i feel a bit rough then sit down, chill out, be sick if i feel like it, get fresh air, dont event think about it just wait for it to pass , becuase it will pass for sure.
    - cut down on coke, its bloody expensive and probably cut to nothing anyway.

erm anything else i forgot?

your advice was decent. i think i just work myself up over it so much that when i do it its bound to have an effect as i spent weeks befprehand thinking about the last bad trip. i can be driving to work or sitting in the car or ahwtever hear a song from my first tiem adn i feel really hot and sweaty, i sort of feel i can rmemeber the coming up - its weird, does anyome else get flashbacks to being up?

weird shit. il keep in touch and let you know how i get on dude

jay
  • Options
    <b> quote :

am i likely to die if i take an 'e'.
    </b>

Very.
    Certainly, i'd say.

But you're just as certain to die if you don't take E.

(Peace or Annihilation?) <b> Its your choice. </b>
  • Options
    Hi,

for further reading try THIS LINK - massive database of information on all drugs!

Plus, THIS BOOK THE TRUTH ABOUT DRUGS is excellent! Order from book/head shops or me:

Hit the 'FUN & FACTS BOOKS' link on THIS PAGE

- not much mark-up on it, but ANYONE ordering, I'll do it POST FREE (save £2), just quote THE SITE on your order!
  • Options
    I'd like to raise a couple of points;
    You say that you've done 'blow' and a couple of grams of charlie. Arent they the same? Maybe I'm wrong, where I live they are.

Also I'd like to put forward my case in defence of speed, its always easy for people to say that its a dirty drug because its quite impure.
    BUT do you know EXACTLY what is in your pills? I think the answer would most probally be NO!
    Also pills are not all that same especialy if your just taking a pill you've got off some random bloke, they could well be almost anything.
    Pure MDMA is quite safe when used properly but does cause damage to you when you use it, thats why you shouldnt really cain loads every week.
    Speed has much less harmful effects on the body, dopamine which it releases rather than seratonin with mdma can be replenished easily by the body.
    If you dont belive me, try this, do speed every day for two weeks and have a friend do pills every day for two weeks.
    I promise you that you'll feel better.
    Most drugs can be relatively safe if used properly but you've got to know what your doing.
  • Options
    cheers for the advice people. reading this website its amazing all so technical but interesting. http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/mdma/mdma_faq.shtml
    really interesting in learning what it does how why how much etc, it sort of says that mdma in low doses in itself isnt terribly dangerous and is used in various sitauions to assist in welbeing, just reading it reminds me of my first experience , such as increase sense of touch, hearing, smells, the feeling that i can talk to anyone about anything, a sense of hugging everyone in the room and you are all on the same platform it was weird, it felt like we were all on a trip somewhere and all at the same time in the same place. does that sound odd?

anyways il keep reading :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by bongbudda

Also I'd like to put forward my case in defence of speed, its always easy for people to say that its a dirty drug because its quite impure.
    BUT do you know EXACTLY what is in your pills? I think the answer would most probally be NO!

It was only my opinion but speed is dirty whether it's pure or not. The comedowns are usually worse than ecstasy comedowns and for me the buzz is rarely worth it.

Speed has much less harmful effects on the body, dopamine which it releases rather than seratonin with mdma can be replenished easily by the body.

That is still debatable, however, I agree that gram for gram it's probably less harsh on your body but in my experience overall it can be much worse. I've seen many more people get addicted and fuck themselves up on speed than ecstasy. The trouble with speed is that many people don't know when to stop, they keep doing it, losing wait, missing sleep and end up a speed freak with the shakes and mental problems.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    I'd like to raise a couple of points;
    You say that you've done 'blow' and a couple of grams of charlie. Arent they the same? Maybe I'm wrong, where I live they are.

Isn't blow often used to descibe cannabis? :)
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    you may find you never enjoy a certain drug...but you'll keep hammering away at it trying to. thats the downside of drugs, we keep taking something we dont realy enjoy, which can't be good for the soul and if you look closely at the small print it does clearly state that taking drugs can destroy your soul.
    by the way the guy clearly means blow...weed...charlie....coke.
    and in my opinion speed is possibly the most physicaly and mentaly and emotionaly dangerous substances on the streets.
  • Options
    I'm coming from the point that I'm quite a bit fan of speed but I do think that the major over use of pills which may or may not contain mdma is possibly setting yourself up for serious problems.
    Speeds had SO many more tests done on it and your body can recover from it easier.
    I do aggree that it is addictive, I've been there myself but used carefully then its a fantastic drug, granted you wont learn anything from the experaince but for partying its the drug in my opinion.
    As for the come down, it does last longer with speed but I find its just a body responce rather than the emotional crash that can come with mdma.
  • Options
    yes bong i can tell your a fan.
    i had a long love affair with speed. mainliner. and i mean love affair. i didn't like the come down so decided not to come down. i was dealing a big bag all the time so lived on the stuff 24/7.
    for a number of years. but i'm a large 6ft 2 bloke and when i got down to 9st i decided to kick the billy in the head and go back to being a heroin addict again which i managed to do quite effortlessly. further down the road i decided i wasn't going to be addicted to anything again. thats when i had to lay awake at night seeing visions of saint george on his charger chasing the dragon....i was saint george lying on that filthy matress in an over crowded strangeways cell. george slayed his demons.
    and here i am not being able to comprehend how that jaw clenching eye popping heart rate mindless talking bag shit could possibly be enjoyed. i would hate to feel so wired now. coffee is strong enough now. and the thought of pushing that little silver needle into the corner of an opiate drenched mindscape.....
  • Options
    I've never mainlined the stuff, to be honest I never trust my dealer enough for that.
    As with any drug it needs to be respected, I just think that if used carefully it can be a safer drug that ecstacy.
    Just because it comes in a nice looking little pill doesnt make it good for you.
  • Options
    Just because it comes in a nice looking little pill doesnt make it good for you.

very true mr bongo.