Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

The best "Badie"/villain of all time (in a film!!)

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
My personal best badie of all time would have to be "Gary Oldman" in the film Leon

or

Don (Ben kingsely)Sp? out of "sexy beast" .He really does look like an hard fucker in that film:eek: !!

So who do you find makes the best,scariest,believable badie/villain that you seen in a film?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    David Bowie playing Jared in The Laberinth, still scares me today, or makes me laugh my ass off. :D
  • Options
    Jack Nicholson in 'The Shining'

Pure class!
  • Options
    'The Man' played by Dani Filth in Cradle of Fear
  • Options
    Originally posted by 100% Chevalier
    David Bowie playing Jared in The Laberinth, still scares me today, or makes me laugh my ass off. :D

I am strangely attracted to him in that film!

Anyway, back to the question!
    Alan Rickman in Robin Hood, Prince of Thieves. Wasn't scary, but played it well.
  • Options
    Originally posted by BumbleBee

I am strangely attracted to him in that film!

Oh. My. God. So am I. I think it's those figure hugging trousers which on anyone else would be scary but...well, they are swoonsome on him.

*runs off to fetch her Labyrinth video*

*drools*

Silly boy spelt it wrong. :p Labyrinth not laberinth

I think the policeman type robot blokey in The Terminator and that bloke in Running Man were kinda scary. The head of the gameshow blokey...I know what I'm on about.
  • Options
    Darth Vader from Star Wars or Khan from Star Trek 3
  • Options
    Dr.Evil:D
  • Options
    hehe

Ok,ok I know it ain't a film. But if anyone remembers the cartoon Thundercats, then the baddy mumrah (SP?) used to scare the shit out of me!
  • Options
    Does Tyler Durden from Fight Club count..:confused: Top film anyway :)
  • Options
    Vinnie Jones when he woz bullet-tooth tony in snatch. he woz 1 hard fucker! um, who else woz there? oh yeah, now i know he wasn't a bad guy as such, but mel gibson when he woz in payback woz pretty fucking hard too mind
  • Options
    The Child catcher in Chitty Chitty Bang Bang used to freak me out when I was little.

My fave at the mo has to be Anthony Hopkins in Silence of the Lambs & Hannibal
  • Options
    AL Pachino in the Devil's Advocate, the only convincing portrayal of Satan I've ever seen. Mind you, it's easy to look good next to Keanu Reeves.

Or Christopher Lee in those old creepy movies like The Wicker Man. The man has evil presence down to a fine art.

But I have to say, Tim Curry as Pennywise the Clown in IT scared the bejesus out of me when I was 13.

"down here we all float....."

*shudders*
  • Options
    Originally posted by kaz
    But I have to say, Tim Curry as Pennywise the Clown in IT scared the bejesus out of me when I was 13.

*shudders*

Ooh god yeah, I remember watching that film for the first time at a mates girlie sleepover when we were about 12/13. Scared the shit out of us. :eek: :D
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Re: The best "Badie"/villain of all time (in a film!!)
    Originally posted by Harmless
    Don (Ben kingsely)Sp? out of "sexy beast" .He really does look like an hard fucker in that film:eek: !!

This would be my choice, he's become some what of cult icon in the US for his character... either that or Alan Rickman in Robin Hood
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Originally posted by kaz

*shudders*

kaz, You just brought shivers down my spine with that, ohh that film was evil, only scary movie to give me nightmares!!
    :eek: :eek:

I watched it on my own at 12 O'clock in an Empty house, lucky I had 3 dogs with me!! Wont ever forget that night, must have had about 5 knives on me. My mind was playing so many tricks on me:eek:

I was only about 11-12 years old
  • Options
    Originally posted by Harmless

I watched it on my own at 12 O'clock in an Empty house, lucky I had 3 dogs with me!! Wont ever forget that night, must have had about 5 knives on me. My mind was playing so many tricks on me:eek:

I was only about 11-12 years old

lol, you poor thing!

I wouldn't have wanted to be on my own the first time watching that either.

Of course the ending is so shite it spoils the whole film, but you should read the book. It's fantastic and the ending is better, it's the only instance when seeing the film first hasn't spoiled the book, because Tim Curry does such a good job with the clown, you can hear his voice when you're reading late at night.

"...would you like a balloon, Georgie?"

:D
  • Options
    Reservoir Dogs: Michael Madsen as Mr. Blonde. A crazy fucker, yet strangely appealing. Vintage!
  • Options
    Originally posted by 100% Chevalier

DAMMIT!!! you got there first!!!

He has to be the scariest fucker in history!!

But besides him, I'd have to say...
    Originally posted by 100% kaz
    AL Pachino in the Devil's Advocate, the only convincing portrayal of Satan I've ever seen

Gabriel Byrne is a pretty convincing in End of Days...admittedly, the movie didn't do him any favours, being crap and all, but he did a good job...
  • Options
    Gabriel Byrne is a pretty convincing in End of Days...admittedly, the movie didn't do him any favours, being crap and all, but he did a good job...

I thought this film was well good.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Aladdin
    Reservoir Dogs: Michael Madsen as Mr. Blonde. A crazy fucker, yet strangely appealing. Vintage!
    Oh I don't know why I came here tonight, I got the feeling that something ain't right, I'm so scared incase I fall off my chair, and I'm wondering how to get down the stairs..
    Altogether now! :D
  • Options
    Ok, not one but several

Here's a concept, multiple villains

I'd say all the SS bastards in the movie "The Great Escape". After seeing that I wanted to burn germany in one, which was a bit disconcerting, considering Germany is only 100 miles from here..:S

You know the ones who massacre the unarmed prisoners in that field(including good ol' dicky Attenborough)

And, it has the added benefit of being true charactery...is that a word...well it is now.
  • Options
    I agree with what's been said about Ben Kingsley. He is a scary fucker in that film. Even though you know that that's not really the case, he doesn't sound at all "Mockney". That's the sign of a great actor.
    The part in the film where he gets so angry he loses the power of speech is hilarious!

Another suggestion: BrickTop (Alan Ford) in Snatch, I know it's considered a Mockney gangster film, but I have never seen anyone make NHS glasses look so scary!
  • Options
    point well made...big googly eyes...however Mr. Godden (maths teacher) did a fairly good job