Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

May trigger: Flashbacks to sexual assault

plugitinplugitin Posts: 2,197 Boards Champion

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hi plugitin :wave:

It sounds like what happened this weekend may have brought back a few bad memories of things you thought were in your past.

The first thing it is important to remember is that it is not your fault. You were not to blame. No should always mean No!, even if the other person sees what they are doing as being playful or harmless. Your body is your own and you have the right to have it treated with respect.

It might be a good idea to explain this to your friend. The chances are they will be cool with it, and lay off with the touching etc.

If you feel there are some unresolved things from your past and could do with talking to someone, you could always try contacting Childline. They have trained counsellors that can offer advice and support on any issue and there are various different ways of contacting and receiving advice from them. Try the link below for more info.

http://www.childline.org.uk/talk/Pages/Talk.aspx

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on how your getting on and we're always here too if you need someone to chat to! *hug*

Phil :thumb:
  • Options
  • Options
    They probably don't, you could try their online chat?

You could email the Samaritans (jo@samaritans.org). I looked up Rape Crisis but they don't have online services. How much longer are you in Germany now? Victim Support have some good info on their website.

Would you be able to get any sort of English-language counselling in Germany? I know your German's fluent but I can't imagine therapy in my second language.
  • Options
  • Options
    plugitin wrote: »
    And what with this Dorries woman at the moment, reading articles about her aren't helping me to feel that none of this was my fault. But, y'know, it does... :crying:

She has much to answer for with her approach. However, you shouldn't let ignorant fools determine how you feel.

Very clearly this was innapropriate (at best) behaviour by blokes, this type of person makes me ashamed to share their gender. You did nothing wrong, you should never accept it if anyone suggests otherwise.

Good luck with getting the help you desire.