Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Jennifer Mills-Westley

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I just wanted to put something up about the events in Tenerife which I'm sure most people are now aware of. Here's a link for anybody that isn't aware:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-13401045

First of all my thoughts are with her loved ones. I have lost someone to murder and yet I still can't fathom how you'd get your head around this and make peace with it. I hope her family find strength and support.

I haven't read all the details about the offender. It seems that he was known and was a repeat offender, and possibly was under warrant for earlier crimes. He has been described as being a bit peculiar to say the least, and had received treatment at a local hospital previously. His general behaviour clearly suggested he was not quite right, to put it mildly.

That is just my wording on the situation as I understand it. Do people think this was wholly avoidable? Is this another case of a seriously disturbed invidividual being ignored and overlooked?

Any thoughts, throw them out there...