Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

screwed up

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
its been ages since i posted here like and a only seem to post when ave messed up.

things had been goin well like and i had kept masel straight since gettin out of the nick in september. ive been doin some courses to better ma english. its still rubbish but its improoving.

i have screwed up again though like. On sunday i had a few cans to many like and some lad came up and started havin a go at me. i tried to ignore him but he punched me so i decked him back. police came and nicked the both of us and i got charged with ABH so probably goin back to the nick. gutted like.

came here as you guys gave some good advice last time a screwed up and it really helped. longest ive ever kept masel straight like.

cheers

Comments

• Options
    Is there any evidence to show it was self defense?
  • Options
    With his record, and narrowly avoiding prison last time I can't imagine claiming self-defence would do much good, not unless the other lad actually admits to throwing the first punch or there was CCTV available.
  • Options
    Whowhere wrote: »
    With his record, and narrowly avoiding prison last time I can't imagine claiming self-defence would do much good, not unless the other lad actually admits to throwing the first punch or there was CCTV available.

This, I have to say without an admission from him (which is unlikely) or CCTV footage showing him hitting you first, then it doesn't look good.

Also if they're charging you with ABH you must have hurt him quite badly, so even if self defence it could be argued that you could've/should've shown some self restraint.
  • Options
    Hey Aaron, it's good to see you again :wave:

It's a real shame to hear about what's happened and no wonder you're gutted :( From what you've said you've made some real progress since last year but this is a setback you didn't need eh?

You mention you had a few cans too many so it's not surprising that when this guy started on your that it got out of hand. Alcohol can really fuel that kind of situation. I guess it's worth thinking in the future about the knid of situations you need to try and avoid for a while and if you get that sense that something might kick off just remove yourself from the situation.

You sound like someone who's self-aware and you're trying your best to turn things around so try not to give up. If this is the longest you've kept things ticking over for with no problems then hold on to that and once this is all out of the way the next time hopefully you'll be able to stick it out long term.

Good luck and let us know what happens, if it helps to talk it all out then that's what we're here for :)
  • Options
    thanx

this screw up is just not what i needed like. i no i cant blame any one else like i hit the lad like and that sjust some thin ill need to get used to like. i had just started to see ma da again but i dont think he will want anythin to do with me when he finds out about this. he only started seein me cuz i had made an effort to stay straight like. that is more guttin than gettin sent down again.

i really hope that they see that ive made an effort and ive stayed out of trouble for so long like as i really could not go back inside like. i hated every single minute of it when i was there last time and i said to masel that i wasnt goin back there. im expectin to get sent down again cuz ive been in so much trouble in the past like.

ill prob just go guilty when it gets to court like as no point in makin things harder and endin up way a longer time inside like.
  • Options
    Aaron10 wrote: »

ill prob just go guilty when it gets to court like as no point in makin things harder and endin up way a longer time inside like.

Get yourself a solicitor first before you do anything rash, and find out what the evidence is against you. If you genuinely acted in self defence then you will need help before getting to court in proving it.
  • Options
    it was my brief who told me to tell the polis every thin like. said it wood be better for me like. i ended up gettin charged and the other lad off way punchin me like. way ma record like i dont think they will accept it was self defence like. do you?
  • Options
    You don't tell police everything to be "helpful" or because it'll be "better" for you, their job is to prosecute and get results it can always bite you in the ass -Have you got better representation? If there's no evidence to say you acted in self-defence (judging from you being charged, that's possible) then you're not in a good position. What else did they say to you?
  • Options
    Hey Aaron, just wanted to pop in and see how things were going. Has there been any news on the charges against you?

You mentioned it was going to put a strain on things with your Dad. It's understandble you feel like you've let him down when you've only recently started seeing him again. Maybe you could explain to him that having him around will help you to keep on the straight and narrow in future and that you've been doing a lot better - this is a setback for sure - but it's not the end of the world. You can still get back on track ay?

Take care, we're here to listen if you want to talk :)
  • Options
    im such an idiot like. things didnt go well way ma da like when he found out id been charged way ABH. we had a really big fight over it like. he said how i was a waste of space like and that he new i hadnt changed and was just waitin for me to fuck up again like. i went and got pissed like and before i knew it i was getting nicked for section 5 public order and deckin the police like. nothin to bad like just got him in the face while actin up over gettin nicked like. i no its bad like but its no like a walked up to him and decked him like.

im up next week for the ABH and i still dont no what im gonna do about that as ma latest fuck up wont go down well.

local paper has got wind of ma latest antics which is the last thing i need like as they hate me like.

ma life is a mess again like

:banghead:
  • Options
    Sounds like it's all got a bit out of control recently Aaron and it can't help the papers getting involved :( Sure, it's a set back but the fact that you know that this isn't how you want things to be is worth something. I guess it's about finding something that you can focus on that keeps you out of trouble? You always have a choice and something is making you choose to lash out rather than walk away, do you have anyone you can talk to about how you're feeling?
  • Options
    am back out now like. hated bein back inside like but it was ma own doin like. ma da came to visit me inside like which was good. he is lettin me stay at his like just until i can get masel sorted or until a mess up again. hopin it wont be messin up again. nothin left way the court now like so all a need to do is get a job like and sort out a place of ma own to live.

Thx for the support like.
  • Options
    Glad to see you are doing well and staying positive. Just try to stay off the drink as it seems to be quite a big factor in all of this. Once again though, keep cool and carry on :)
  • Options
    Great to hear from you Aaron and good news that things are ok with your Dad and he's letting you stay - good luck with the job hunt and feel free to keep posting if you need support with anything :thumb:
  • Options
    :angel:Hi hun, i just posted my own rant as I was a victim of violence, then I read your posts, you show remors!, very important. I really hope that all works out ok for you and I mean that, all I wanted to know off my abuser was why, good luck pet, sort yourself out as life is too short xx