Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Constantly Tired

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
So recently I've been constantly tired and I will admit that I do have a werid sleeping pattern that sometimes stops me getting from alot of sleep. But over the past couple of weeks I've attempted to get out of this by going to bed earlier, not having my laptop on my bed etc, this has worked for me, I have been getting more sleep but i always seem to be constantly tired

Along with this I've been getting lightheaded more and more over the past month, it used to happen once or twice every 2 months, which I've never worried about as my dad gets it as does my sister and they've nothing wrong with them (both had it checked out) but for me with being constantly tired and the light headed incidents I'm a bit worried but I don't really think its worth going to the GP with as I'll probably just be told to get more sleep
Anyone have any idea what I can do?

Comments

• Options
    Having you been eating right? Sounds like you could be eating not enough causing the light headedness or just not the right kind of stuff making you lethargic and sleeping. Also there is such a thing as sleeping too much which can just make it worse
  • Options
    Lexi99 wrote: »
    Having you been eating right? Sounds like you could be eating not enough causing the light headedness or just not the right kind of stuff making you lethargic and sleeping. Also there is such a thing as sleeping too much which can just make it worse

I was going to ask about your diet, too. When I stop eating properly, my sleep goes to hell (more than usual). How clean is your bedroom? Not in a "I AM YOUR MOTHER" way, but because I've always found that when my room is clean and tidy and fresh-smelling, I sleep better, too.
  • Options
    Lexi99 wrote: »

:yes: I find that if I don't eat enough, I get tired very quickly. If I don't eat enough, I do (or did) get migraine and feel really sick.

I agree with the oversleeping - I do that when I'm ill.
  • Options
    Also drinking enough in relation to your diet. Try taking multivitamins too. I have for the past few months, and I've been getting better sleeps, even though I've not changed my pattern/length.
  • Options
    Thanks for the responses guys
    I have changed my diet in terms of the amount I eat and it being a bit more healthy, its mostly just cutting down on snacking and eating less at breakfeast and lunch
    I haven't really stopped drinking as much though so I don't think it could be that
    I'll try eating a bit more and see if that helps
  • Options
    Do you have any caffeine? I seem to remember being told to stop drinking it after a certain time of day. Ditto drinking any liquids.
  • Options
    I do drink a fair amount of caffeine but not really after 7
    idk, its just driving me nuts atm
  • Options
    That sounds like how I get when I'm anaemic (that is, I'm not getting enough iron). Your doctor can check this with a blood test, very routine.
  • Options
    I am working late nights that is why i am not having proper sleep to.
    But will sleep very much this weekend when my work will be finished .
    chino hills boot camp