Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Early Morning Starts

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Is anyone else suffering with their little darlings wanting to be up with the early birds?

So far we have tried, longer day time naps, shorter day time naps, no day time naps, early bedtimes, late bedtimes - all to no avail. Shouty Madam wants to be up at 4am EVERY DAY as soon as she hears the birds outside. Short of waging war on the avian population I am unsure as to what else we can do.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Options
    Blackout curtains / blinds? Could it to do with the days being lighter now?
  • Options
    I'm pretty sure it's the noise of the dawn chorus rather than light - we've already blocked out light as much as is humanly possible into her bedroom.
  • Options
    Ear plugs.
  • Options
    For her or for us?! :razz:
  • Options
    e-Bay
  • Options
    could you try introducing a dull background noise into the room. Like a fan. I do this myself as im an extremely light sleeper and i find that the insignificant & constant sound of a fan helps me get to sleep faster in the first place and avoids me getting woken by birds in the mornings :)
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    We have purchased a magic gro clock and although I was extremely skeptical it seems to be doing the trick. I dont know how, but it works. Don't know if Rosie is too young still. I didnt find black out blinds to work.
  • Options
    Back ground noise used to help me with waking up stupidly early when the traffic started, so might be worth a shot. I'd guess ear plugs for babies wouldn't really work, so other ways to keep the noise out? Doors and windows shut are the only ones that spring to mind, other than putting her cot in a vacuum sealed box, but suspect there might be other issues with that.
  • Options
    scarecrow in the garden? Double glazing?
  • Options
    I third the fan - Mr Fan is one of Mrs Moo's best friends and nearly always sends her off when she is having I won't sleep moment.

Also last summer she was awful with the waking up but this summer since she has FINALLY learned how to go to sleep its not a problem.

Plus lots and lots of running around outside.
  • Options
    Still up with the early birds?
  • Options
  • Options