Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

General query

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Today me and a friend were talking about who we found attractive and we eventually got on to the topic of whether we would go out with someone we thought was fit but had never really seen them as bf/gf material, I thought that I probably would give it ago if I found the person attractive and didn't like anyone at that time, emily (my friend that I was having this with) said that she might or might not, depends on the person

I'm curious as to everyone elses view on what you would do?

Comments

• Options
    If i didnt see them as boyfriend material yet still found them attractive I'd probably wouldnt go out with them, as i dont see the point with someone you dont have a spark with. Might er try and get in a fuck buddy situation though ;)
  • Options
    I have dated people I wasn't attracted to looks-wise because that often develops. Not sure about the other way around.
  • Options
    curly_boy wrote: »
    Today me and a friend were talking about who we found attractive and we eventually got on to the topic of whether we would go out with someone we thought was fit but had never really seen them as bf/gf material, I thought that I probably would give it ago if I found the person attractive and didn't like anyone at that time, emily (my friend that I was having this with) said that she might or might not, depends on the person

I'm curious as to everyone elses view on what you would do?

If I thought she was fit, I would probably go on a date with her anyway. If there is anything I really cannot agree with, like her views, her intellect, etc. I would still go, but just to bone her, except she is a really good friend, which I doubt would be the case.
  • Options
    If I didn't see them as boyfriend material then it would not matter how good looking they are. I might try to get to know them to see if there is anything about them that would make them boyfriend material.
  • Options
    JanePerson wrote: »
    If I didn't see them as boyfriend material then it would not matter how good looking they are. I might try to get to know them to see if there is anything about them that would make them boyfriend material.

:yes:
  • Options
    I don't get what you mean when you define people as not being 'boyfriend material' or 'girlfriend material'. Are you saying that you don't believe they'd make a good bf/gf for ANYONE, or are you saying that they have personality attributes that would clash with yours?