Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Driving Annoyances

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Is there a limit to the amount of times you can fail a driving test? I'm fairly sure a friend of mine must have got into double figures before she eventually passed, and there was no way she should have been on the road even then.

I didn't know you were friends with my sister!
  • Options
    I didn't know you were friends with my sister!

She failed more than 10 driving tests as well!? It does make you wonder... monkeys and typewriters and all that.
  • Options
    She failed more than 10 driving tests as well!? It does make you wonder... monkeys and typewriters and all that.

I don't think it was double figures, but it was definitely getting there.
  • Options
    I don't think it was double figures, but it was definitely getting there.

I pretty sure my mate ended up taking 12 driving tests in the end. I think five fails would be where I'd probably think "well I guess driving just isn't for me". No shame in it. And probably plenty of danger.
  • Options
    Is there a limit to the amount of times you can fail a driving test? I'm fairly sure a friend of mine must have got into double figures before she eventually passed, and there was no way she should have been on the road even then.

If there isn't, there should be. Failing into double figures should tell you something, really...
  • Options
    As a copper you should know that the cycle area in front of the lights is there to stop cyclists being squashed by morons in HGVs turning into a cyclist going straight on. Anyone who stops in the cycle area should get 152 points and a £250,000 fine, in my most humble of humble opinions.

I'm not talking about cycle areas, I'm talking about the line. It's irrelevant anyway, if you don't want to get squashed sit behind the HGV. Easy.
  • Options
    Until it reverses :p
  • Options
    Talking of HGV...

The M2 only has two lanes, so don't fucking over take another lorry if you are only doing 0.5mph more than him. Fucker.
  • Options
    Talking of HGV...

The M2 only has two lanes, so don't fucking over take another lorry if you are only doing 0.5mph more than him. Fucker.

M11 as well. And when lorries are about to go up a hill and they feel like thats a perfect moment to overtake another one
  • Options
    I don't know why they bother. One HGV is doing 55mph, the other is doing 56mph. Seriously, what is the point?
  • Options
    None of you have any reason to complain. This is what I drive in every day:
  • Options
    Motorway vigilantes :mad:

Yes, I appreciate that the person sat in the middle lane is very annoying, but speeding past him and then swerving back in dangerously close to his bonnet isn't going to help anyone, now, is it? Who died and made you sheriff of the M1? The outside lane is clear, so just overtake him and be on your merry way and then we can all live to see another day. K? Great :thumb:
  • Options
    People who are doing 60mph on the motorway, you overtake them doing 70mph and when you get back into the inside lane, they decide to do 75mph to overtake you and pull right in front of you and return to 60mph. I swear they do it because they dont like being overtook.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Whowhere wrote: »
    I'm not talking about cycle areas, I'm talking about the line. It's irrelevant anyway, if you don't want to get squashed sit behind the HGV. Easy.

Cycle area or not, they're are entitled to make it to the front of traffic. Safer for everybody if that's where they are when traffic start to move. Im not a fan of cyclists, you'd think that considering they'd come off worse in a in argument with a car they'd be more considerate, but letting them to the front of the queue makes sense.

This time of year brings out all the fucking idiots on the roads near to where I live. If you want to take pictures park up and do it on foot. Unfortunately having a sign written car means I have to be picky about the content of the abuse I shout. Somebody complained by email the other day that I threatened to chops his hands off? Shouldn't have slapped the roof of my car. :)
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    People who don't bother indicating, particularly on roundabouts. There is no exit on a roundabout where it's okay not to indicate before your intended exit! If people indicated then other people would have a better cue when to enter the roundabout and thus the traffic would flow a lot smoother. The amount of people who either don't indicate or are still indicating right when they exit LEFT never ceases to amaze me. Laziness and lack of consideration, not to mention pure bad driving and something that you could fail your test on.
  • Options
    ^^ today I was in the car with a friend and a car infront of us was going really slow, then we got to a roundabout and they got on the inside lane but didn't indicate, so we assumed they were going right, we were going straight ahead so we stayed in the outside lane, then they also got off on the 2nd exit without indicating so we almost crashed. Then a few yards down the road they suddenly indicated left when we were doing 50ph? :banghead:
  • Options
    G-Raffe wrote: »
    People who are doing 60mph on the motorway, you overtake them doing 70mph and when you get back into the inside lane, they decide to do 75mph to overtake you and pull right in front of you and return to 60mph. I swear they do it because they dont like being overtook.

Someone did that to me on the A69- single carriageway bit- and I might have sat behind them for two miles leaning on the horn.

Road rage is my forte. I think I scared the fucker. Good.
  • Options
    This is a bit of a comical one, and if it wasnt so much then I would have been quite angry.

Dont ever dare try to cut me up/over take dangerously and blame me when my 2 litre passat goes a little faster than your vauxhall nova, and then have a go at me (later in a car park) because of being some kind of drug dealer. After all someone who hasnt shaved and is wearing a hoody obviously cant afford a passat.

Grow up some people.
  • Options
    I don't drive, but I hate when people do not use indicators - and if I'm crossing the road, they get all pissy when I'm stopping them in their tracks for not showing me prior to turning that they wanted to turn. Only thing I hate about motorcyclists are bloody scooters, they're just noise. I also get irritated when I see someone on their bike with the visor up, or with no real protection clothing on.
  • Options
    JavaKrypt wrote: »
    I also get irritated when I see someone on their bike with the visor up, or with no real protection clothing on.

I have no sympathy for people who do that. A friend does it apparently and his fiancée doesn't like it. Stupid if you ask me.
  • Options
    JavaKrypt wrote: »
    I also get irritated when I see someone on their bike with the visor up, or with no real protection clothing on.

Having ridden bikes in the past, I can understand the visor thing. Sometimes it's safer because it stops them misting up.

However, I've never understood the lack of decent clothing. One trip to the Trauma Wards will show you why...
  • Options
    Visors I'd put down to personal preference and ambient conditions. No protective clothing is just frankly stupid.
  • Options
    stu147 wrote: »
    People who don't bother indicating, particularly on roundabouts. There is no exit on a roundabout where it's okay not to indicate before your intended exit!

Going straight across a mini roundabout?
  • Options

^this.. especially the really little pointless ones..
  • Options

Lol! That made me go "Erm.......shit :S" haha! Thanks for the self doubt moment :P
  • Options
    Cyclists on the road, next to a cycle path. :mad:
  • Options
    People who go, "OH LOOK! A LEARNER! I know what I'll do - be a total FUCKING ARSEBAG and do dangerous shit like overtake them on a roundabout and pull out in front of them and crawl up their arse flashing their lights for going 25 in a 30, when I'm TURNING RIGHT IN 30 SECONDS ANYWAY!"

Hrrrmph.

:yes:
  • Options
    Cyclists on the road, next to a cycle path. :mad:

Agree totally. Money that could have been used for repairing potholes has instead been used to create a cycle path network that is barely used. Brilliant.
  • Options
    If someone rides on my bumper it usually works, and I speed up a little bit, but other times it doesn't. I sometimes try and lose the person on corners.
  • Options
    People who dont wave to say thank you after you've let them out when its your right of way!!