Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Carlton West (on Sky too) - me on telly!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Sorry, with all the TV, radio & press interviews, I couldn’t post this earlier, on here, but here’s what I posted on UK420.com earlier:

ONE:

Carlton West Country TV peeps - see me on telly!?!
I got an interview with Carlton West Country TV, giving comment on Blunkett’s fudge of the cannabis issue – as Prospective Parliamentary Candidate for the Legalise Cannabis Alliance (Somerset)

Will be on local lunchtime, evening & nightly news.

PLUS a couple minutes during their live studio discussion between 1 & 1.30pm

Anyone more local will also find me popping up on Taunton TV

Never done live telly, shitting myself, wish me luck
TWO:
That’s the recorded one done – local Tory MP is hopping that I am planning to stand against him, he said; He has the right to stand, I just hope that his deposit is not funded by ill gotten gains!

Cheeky bastard!

My reply; Likewise I hope Mr Flook’s deposit is not funded from ill gotten gains, after all the sleaze that gone on in that party!
THREE:
Lunchtime was great, recorded coverage first, with Tory Flook not repeating ‘on camera’ his previous quote, but saying;

“ Mr Cottee is entitled to stand for Parliament and encourage as many people as possible. Although, it would appear all he is looking for is a platform for to puff his potty ideas.”

Bit later, on the live bit, shitting myself, I throw THE PRESENTER, when I was quoted as saying:

“Although my local MP has described me as some sort of crazy pothead, Peter Lilley is in the papers today, as a senior Tory, arguing the same policy as me, does he consider him a crazy pothead?”

Newsreader;

“Well, um, r, well, I’ll ask him that perhaps.”

PLUS: they cut in a nice bit of footage of the Dutch Experience café, and Colin being arrested on the opening day – spreading the word in the West Country!

Comments

• Options
    i saw u on westcountry news mate u done great.....almost looked like u was used 2 appearin on TV! I laughed my head off when u threw the crazy pothead thing at the presenter.. I come on this site often and i just had the news on and it started on about cannabis and as soon as the name mike cottee was mentioned i instantly knew it was WHSpliff...... Looks like ur becomin famous mate :D
  • Options
    Cheers mate & thanks for not mentioning what an ugly bastard I am!

Tell you, done TV, but never live – shitting myself!

I was at the remote studio in Taunton, talking to Plymouth – when I came out of ‘the box’ – the local team was patting me on the back – well cool!

:D
  • Options
    U never know them hollywood movie deals might start comin ur way now! U might get the leadin role in a cannabis related multi million pound movie as King Pothead ur mission if u choose 2 accept it is 2 get cannabis legalised.

Keep up the good work!!
  • Options
    I didn't see it, but sounds as though you did a good job :);)