Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

My Pre- Party Event - Justin Does Promotions

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
I've been a busy bear in the last 2 days here, I'm now setting up and running my own pre-party event out here.. heres the gossip:

name : to be decided
venue : Luminate - http://www.vodkabar.co.nz
date : to be decided
capacity : 150 max (100 by ticket / 50 on door)

Basically then, I've decided to do my own event, I'm going to co-inside it with a large international event on K'Road in Auckland City and run it from 8pm - 12am, we're going to have a line-up of NZ locals (incl. myself) and charge $5 on the door (£2) which is to go towards the costing of hiring the place (basically we get it for free but the owner needs to make $2k on the bar - drinks are approx $7 each and anything he doesn't make we pay) and we can have the bar either Friday or Saturday night which kicks ass... we'll have a lighting rig, decks, CDJs and a projector style display :)

Other information then, I'm purchasing another domain and making the site a web presence, I'm organising 300 fylers (double sided and full colour gloss) to be printed along with one A1 sized colour poster for the bar window. We're also getting 5 custom made t-shirts being printed with our club logo/name on it...

I've also (bear in mind this was decided last night) in 8 hours had about 65 people confirm they are coming, 4 DJs (incl. 1 NZ international) offer to play for free for us... and we're getting free advertisement on the big NZ dance websites as well as free photographers coming (for both the website and other sites) to take pics and a radio mention near the time by a friend who works on one of the largest stations out here... :)

I'm DJing 8-9pm, playing all the uplifiting stuff (ie. mix of say 'Galleon - So I Begin' come classic dance like 'David Morales - Needin U') and we're gonna go from there... :)

What does everyone think? This is my first attempt at doing a small scale event out here, but it should rock (I have done stuff like this before, but in England.. as you might of guessed)
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    It sounds pretty good. One of my friends here runs a very good night, and clearly enjoys doing so. Best of luck to you, looks like you've got everything sorted.

One question though... how are you getting all this free stuff? And when are you touring the UK with it? :)
  • Options
    Re: My Pre- Party Event - Justin Does Promotions
    Originally posted by Justin Credible
    playing all the uplifiting stuff (ie. mix of say 'Galleon - So I Begin' come classic dance like 'David Morales - Needin U')

Glad to see I'm a good influence as well as a bad one :D