Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

diets

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
is there anyone on a diet who is managing to stick to it? i'm off on holiday in a few weeks and i just don't have the will power to stay on a diet. i've just walked through the kitchen and theres a tempting bag of maltesers on hte side, so i ended up eating them.how do people manage to stay on them. i really need to loose weight before i go away.i've started doing excercise, do you think thats enough to get a flatter stomach?

Comments

• Options
    diets can sometimes be risky - if you lose weight too quickly you may put it back on just as fast and also get stretch marks

having said that, i have known people to diet successfully and happily.
    The best plan is probablly to combine sensible, moderate eating with exercise - and yes exercise is prob. the best way to a flatter stomach as it tones your muscles.

The other thing is to set your self little goals and/or keep a 'health diary' or journal- daily/weekly or maybe even hourly as it may help you to regulate what you do and make you stick to it

Hope this helps

Good luck and enjoy your hols

xx
  • Options
    I'm on a diet and I'm sticking to it, I've been on it for 11 weeks and ive lost 1stone8lbs. The thing that keeps me motivated is the fact that I wanna look good and feel better about myself. I don't buy things that will tempt me like chocolate, crisps, cheese. Although the diet I am on allows me to have 'sins' so I tend to have a packet of french fries and a snack size milky bar in a day and I'm still losing weight its great!
  • Options
    Re: diets
    Originally posted by sexy little thing
    is there anyone on a diet who is managing to stick to it? i'm off on holiday in a few weeks and i just don't have the will power to stay on a diet. i've just walked through the kitchen and theres a tempting bag of maltesers on hte side, so i ended up eating them.how do people manage to stay on them. i really need to loose weight before i go away.i've started doing excercise, do you think thats enough to get a flatter stomach?

If you do enough exercise it will be. With the caveat being that you can't eat any more than you normally do.

It's possible to lose several pounds before your holiday, just keep at it and it'll work