Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

eczema...please help!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I started getting eczema on my chest a couple of years ago. Until now, it's always gone away quite quickly after a flare up, after I use hydrocortisone (1%) on the skin. But this time, it's not going, and it's SO damn itchy!! It's driving me mad!! And to make it worse, I'm off on my hols in a couple of weeks time, and I'm gonna look minging in my bikini at this rate, with big horrible scratch marks all around my boobs! Please, please, please give me any tips you have for making eczema better!! :(

Comments

• Options
    ok, this doesn't solve your immediate problem, but you should get a patch test done at the dermatology dept. of your local hospital. It can help a great deal, as it can tell you what chemical is actually causing the reaction. But I'm not sure it helps all cases.
    Aside from that, try just normal moistuisers, non-scented ones. My doctor recently gave me Hydrocortisone, but I didn't think it was very effective (probably help if I remembered to put it on right enough!), but everyones different.
    Hope I've been of some help!
  • Options
    Have you read our factsheet? Might be useful:

http://www.thesite.org/info/health/grooming/skincare_eczema.html

Check out the link at the bottom of that page too.
  • Options
    Thanks to both of you for the advice.....the itching's still persisting, but I'm trying a few new things, like putting a bit of baby oil in my bath, which apparently helps lock moisture in?