Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Confused over my break up

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hiya I'm 19 and my ex girlfriend is 20

We were in a very steady relationship for 1 year and 1 month I thought that things were going really well, I was really happy and in love. She told me how happy she was and that she was in love too.

Me and her had some really good times with each other and not that many bad times. Then one month ago she texts me saying that she is fed up of all the arguments that we have been having. This is true because we always had little arguments over nothing then we forgave each other and got over the little arguments. But she must of thought that these were getting to her to much.

She suggested that we both took a break I thought that this was a good idea but I failed to give her the time and space that she needed I kept texting her. So two weeks ago she then dumped me telling me that I had not given her the time and space to think about the relationship properly.

I'm heart broken about losing her.

But when she dumped me she said in a text "I think that we both need time and space away from each other just so that we can both think and so that you can get over me. In the future when you have gotten over me I think that we will both have a chance and we will see how it goes."

She then said "But if you find somebody else then don't wait around for me just get with the new person"

What i'm confused with is the fact that she dumped me but then she says that she will want to get back with me in the future.

What should I do? It could take months or years to get over her.

Should I just play it cool and see what happens or should I just go and express my love to her?

However after a very drunken phone call to her I basicly told her how I feel and that I want to get back with her but she told me that it will get easier in the future and that we have all been in love before.

I don't know how she feels because she is playing it really cool.

Help.

Comments

• Options
    She has ended your relationship, but took the coward's way out. She was trying to break it gently by suggesting a future but in reality I doubt that she means it.

I suggest that you try to move on with your life.
  • Options
    To be honest I think she wanted to end things but wanted to avoid a big confrontation. I agree with the above poster that it was cowardly of her and that moving on is the only thing you can do.
  • Options
    It makes me sad to hear that
  • Options
    headboy01 wrote: »
    In the future when you have gotten over me I think that we will both have a chance and we will see how it goes.

What does that even mean? It will better for you to get back together when you're over her, makes no sense :eek2:

I agree, i think she was trying to let you down gently and the fact that shes playing it cool seems like shes not that interested. sorry
  • Options
    She has made it quite clear about three times that we will have something in the future. Agh lol
  • Options
    She is screwing you around. Don't let her.
  • Options
    JanePerson wrote: »
    She is screwing you around. Don't let her.

She is such a joke! I asked her about it and she says that "I say atleast a year and it could be years and years before something happens. If at all"

Right! I can't see why you would want to be away from the person who you love for years and years. Fuck her
  • Options
    She is such a joke! I asked her about it and she says that "I say atleast a year and it could be years and years before something happens. If at all"

Right! I can't see why you would want to be away from the person who you love for years and years. Fuck her

Exactly :yes:
  • Options
    Its really awful the way she is treating you. You deserve better so don't let her mess you about with the crap she is talking. Cut her out of your life as much as you can and try to move on.
  • Options
    JanePerson wrote: »
    Its really awful the way she is treating you. You deserve better so don't let her mess you about with the crap she is talking. Cut her out of your life as much as you can and try to move on.

Thank you, that's what I'm going to do. The sooner I have moved on then the sooner I will find a new girlfriend who treats me right.

My ex says "We are still friends" but then does not even bother to reply to my friendly texts. Ugh
  • Options
    My ex says "We are still friends" but then does not even bother to reply to my friendly texts. Ugh

Which should tell you everything you need to know. She isn't interested in being friends.

Ignore her and move on.
  • Options
    If I was a guy I would avoid women who play emotional games like that. I've seen guy friends get really messed up wasting too much time getting stuck in this situation. The sooner you get out the better.