Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Trainers - which makes to avoid?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
The soles on my trainers are going. Are there any makes I should avoid? I've had Nike, Addidas, Reebok and my current pair are from Next. I don't want to spend more than £30 on trainers. They would just be for everyday use. One pair of Addidas trainers I did have, they scuffed really quickly, which I didn't realise until I got home and wondered why my feet were soaked.:rolleyes:

Comments

• Options
    I like my Nike Airs which were about £30 from Chav Direct.

I hate that shop but they're cheap, so meh.
  • Options
    I've found that Adidas always work for me.

Personally the only other than I happily use is Reebok
  • Options
    For £30 you can get two pairs of green flash http://www.sportsdirect.com/dunlop-green-flash-240120?src=google
  • Options
    So long as they've been made some little kid whose fingers are small enough to sort those little details out, I'm happy ;)
  • Options
    just as everyday shoes, or for exercise?
  • Options
    Nike are generally quite good.
    I've got two pairs, one was £300 and the other were about £40... they've both lasted quite well. But then I am a trainer snob, so they live in a box and get cleaned often :lol:
    I don't know what kind of trainers you are after, but if you look at the JD sale section there are a couple of pairs for under £30. One of the pairs is Puma, which generally last a while, but they aren't running shoes. :)
  • Options
    just as everyday shoes, or for exercise?

Everyday shoes.

I like Nike trainers too and they do generally last.
  • Options
    i like vans
  • Options
    I paid about £40 for a pair of Asics (a bit out of yer budget I know), but I use them for running and they take a pounding... They're about 5 months old and still doing fine.
  • Options
    Nearly all mine are Addidas. I buy trainers purely on aesthetics and having a hard toe but they all seem to wear pretty well. Still wearing pairs I bought years ago so they'd have to be my suggestion. Price probably 50-60 but there's sales each season.
  • Options
    There are sales on at the moment. Impossible to get decent trainers. I have small feet; so tend to get childrens' ones. I ended up buying a pair of Addias ones.

Thanks guys. :)