Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Lost all dating confidence

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ive been thinking and pondering over this for ages now and I suddenly realised Ive lost all my dating confidence.

Now,Ive never been a player or super confident with women or anything like that but Id always at least try and chat up girls,try and dance and have fun with them and things like that.At least get myself out there and going for it type thing.

But since I broke up with my ex nearly 2 years ago I havent been the same.I dont try and chat up girls hardly at all,never try to dance with them anymore and generally dont see any point trying.

Im always thinking "why would a girl be interested in me/find me attractive/want to get with me?"...I just dont think I have anything to offer.

My mate whos with his gf always seems to meet and chat to girls effortlessly and they love talking to him and want to chat and see him (obviously he doesnt) but even when I start talking to or texting a girl it always seems to be me making all the effort just so they even remember Im there!!!

So now Im in 2 minds,on the one I want to not bother ever trying to meet and date girls again (which I dont anyway,I never even bother trying to) and the other is I want to at least try as in all honesty,to contradict myself I think I could meet and date women pretty easily!!:banghead:

My heads just fucked with the "Im unattractive,boring,no woman could ever want me,Im not like other guys and its better for me to stay alone and not try" thing.

I just want to go back to how I used to be.

Comments

• Options
    What you need is anti-charm.
  • Options
    Get to know girls as friends first. It takes off a lot of the pressure. Unless you're a smooth cassonova (believe me most guys really aren't even if they think they are) chatting up girls is unlikely to work.