Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Expert chat on problem skin: Thurs 17th March

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
:wave:

On Thursday 17th March from 7-8pm we will be joined by Alison Bowser for a live chat around problem skin. It's a chance to ask Alison any questions to do with problem skin, how it might be impacting your confidence or self-esteem and what you can do about it.

Alison-Dudley90x90.jpg

Alison has run a charity for people with skin problems for over 16 years and is also a trained counselor; helping people to explore their feeelings about their skin and how it affects their identity. Her particular area of interest is helping people with acne. This experience has led her to write a book on the subject called ‘Acne and Rosacea, the Complete Guide’ which was published in November.

She has given many talks on the subject and has helped educate doctors and nurses to understand just how miserable this condition can be and is determined that everyone with this condition should be able to get the best advice and treatments possible. She also works as a patient representative to make sure that medical committees remember to put the patient at the centre of their work. She lives in Somerset with her husband and four daughters.

If you can't make it on the night but would like to ask Alison a question then please PM me and we'll try to ask it on the night :thumb:

When chat is open a log in box will appear on this page: http://www.thesite.org/community/thesocial/chat

Comments

• Options
    Will try and make it to this chat :thumb:
  • Options
    If I don't make it, and you've got space for extras, can someone ask if there's any link between where you get acne and what causes it? Like is acne on your jawline more likely to be stress or hormonal type thing.
  • Options
    That's a really interesting question, will definitely try and fit it in if you're not able to come :)
  • Options
    ooooo

i'd like to ask when is the best age to start using anti wrinkle cream? no sign of wrinklies yet but i am 24, should it be as and when it happens or should i start now?
  • Options
    Thanks for that one clementine :)

Just giving this a bump too, it's this Thursday :thumb:
  • Options
    This is kicking off soon if you're interested, come along and ask Alison anything that you'd like to know about skin troubles :yes:
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    It's open! :)