Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

No feeling during sex :(

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hiya

Recently every time me and my boyfriend have sex i just have no feeling and cant orgasim. I really just feel so wound up every time we have sex cause i cant feel anything. I can tell this is affecting my boyfriend as i can see how upset he gets when i get wound up.

I was just wondering if anyone had experienced this or knows what i can do to get the feeling back, tbh i just want the spark back

Comments

• Options
    The first thing I would suggest is to learn to relax. The more stressed you are about this, the more likely you are to be tense and that will work against you every time.

Have you changed anything about your sex life and personal life recently (stress at work can be a major factor, for example)...?
  • Options
    I've just been put on new tablets cause ive go depression but thats the only thing, i haven't changed anything in our sex life. I'll try to chill next time and see how it goes
  • Options
    Ah, that's key. Check the side effects because this can happen with some anti-depressants...
  • Options
    Ahh, i shall have a read. I dont feel so bad now. Thanks :)
  • Options
    katypatatykatypataty Posts: 21 Boards Initiate
    Hi Ally**
    Completely agree that it's important to try and relax but that can be easier said than done. Changing the environment and the routine of your sex life could help you relax a bit and feel a bit more at ease. Have a look on the following page on TheSite.org for some tips:
    http://www.thesite.org/sexandrelationships/havingsex/styles/sensualsex
    You mentioned that you were on new tablets for depression? It may be worth investigating some of the side effects of them as they could be playing a part? Worth doing a bit of research if you think there might be a link?
    Also have a think about whether there might be something on your mind in regards to your relationship with your boyfriend? I'm not insinuating that there is, but it's just worth thinking about.
    Hope this is useful
    x :wave:
  • Options
    Ah, that's key. Check the side effects because this can happen with some anti-depressants...

Yeah, wasn't an issue for me particularly but others have said that SSRIs particularly affect their sex drive.
  • Options
    piccolo wrote: »
    Yeah, wasn't an issue for me particularly but others have said that SSRIs particularly affect their sex drive.

It's certainly listen in mine. What I wasn't expecting was that it would affect my wife's sex drive :(;)