Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Why do children get away with more wrongdoing than adults?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Like seriously. Why the double standard?

Comments

• Options
    Becauseeee, children are children. Adults are adults.

Like the other day, there was a little boy.. maybe about 2.. who pulled his trousers down and started having a wee outside his house. His dad just picked him up and said "you can't do that" because obviously, the child didn't understand, what with him being a child.
    An adult however, is expected to understand the difference between right and wrong, and would not be expected to piss on the pavement...
  • Options
    Becauseeee, children are children. Adults are adults.

Like the other day, there was a little boy.. maybe about 2.. who pulled his trousers down and started having a wee outside his house. His dad just picked him up and said "you can't do that" because obviously, the child didn't understand, what with him being a child.
    An adult however, is expected to understand the difference between right and wrong, and would not be expected to piss on the pavement...

And mt rage issues, would that have been more acceptable in a child? Like cursing people out and throwing/hitting stuff?
  • Options
    Because children do not have the emotional and cognitive abilities to understand their actions as adults. It's really quite obvious that a child doesn't understand what they are doing in the same way that an adult understands what they're doing.

By the time you're an adult you should have learned how to behave without having tantrums when you don't get your own way.

Your constant questions about the same issue are beginning to get tiring. YOu have got your answers, so stop asking the same Goddamn question over and over and over again.
  • Options
    So I wanna know how that behavior looks like in a child. that's ALL. And I asked a general question.
  • Options
    A two-year old having a tantrum looks like a two-year-old having a tantrum.

A twenty-two-year-old having a tantrum looks like a twat.

Simple, innit.
  • Options
    So I wanna know how that behavior looks like in a child. that's ALL. And I asked a general question.

No you didn't, You asked yet another question about behaviour which is clearly linked to the fact that you behave worse that my 4-y-o does.

Like AR said, you have your answers, can we change the record now?
  • Options
    what do you want us to say?
  • Options

Er, normal? A friends then 4 year old (he has severe learning difficulties; so doesn't understand things he should and shouldn't do) son did something to me that he shouldn't have done. Now, I said nothing - because I'm well aware of his LD and just let his dad deal with him - who just said "no, we don't do that" and just put his back on the floor.

To me, his behaviour seemed normal. Yet, if an adult did that, I would quite frankly think they're twat.
  • Options
    AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    Because adults get away with nothing ;)
    Children are still learrning :D x
  • Options
    Behaviour is learnt as you grow up, so a child isn't expected to know how to behave in certain circumstances. Like BA said, a child is brought up to go have a wee when they need a wee. But as you grow older you know you're meant to wee into a toilet and not where you please (or in your pants). Exceptions are made obviously if there isn't one avaliable, but you still learn that say weeing in the street isn't acceptable - if you're bursting, find a place sheltered and out of view, when no one is around if you must go if no toilets are in the area. Like don't wee on the sidewalk, wee in a bush or something.
  • Options
    A two-year old having a tantrum looks like a two-year-old having a tantrum.

A twenty-two-year-old having a tantrum looks like a twat.

Simple, innit.

Well, if they have the type of tantrums people have in a fight w/ their spouse, well...
  • Options
    Well, if they have the type of tantrums people have in a fight w/ their spouse, well...

Fighting with your spouse isn't generally a 'tantrum' though.
  • Options
    grace wrote: »
    Fighting with your spouse isn't generally a 'tantrum' though.

Well, I mean a grown up style, like verbal spewing and throwing stuff against the wall.
  • Options
    Well, I mean a grown up style, like verbal spewing and throwing stuff against the wall.

If i was in a fight with a spouse and he started cursing and throwing stuff I'd leave him, simple as that. Not try and excuse his behaviour because toddlers do it as well.
  • Options
    Melian wrote: »
    Er, normal? A friends then 4 year old (he has severe learning difficulties; so doesn't understand things he should and shouldn't do) son did something to me that he shouldn't have done. Now, I said nothing - because I'm well aware of his LD and just let his dad deal with him - who just said "no, we don't do that" and just put his back on the floor.

To me, his behaviour seemed normal. Yet, if an adult did that, I would quite frankly think they're twat.

Did he touch your boobs?
  • Options

Doesn't make it any better.

As has already been said, a kid being a little shit can be explained away by them not knowing any better. A kid can change.

An adult who verbally abuses people and throws stuff around is universally regarded as a cunt.
  • Options

That's not a tantrum either.

That's called "being a cunt".
  • Options
    Wow seriously another thread moaning too the world about why your treated so poorly.

Adults know better, simple as.. you should know better, sense why your not treated like a kid, if you Want to be treated like a kid. Shit your pants and suck your thumb. People will soon get the hint....

You need to grow up
  • Options
    Hellfire wrote: »
    suck your thumb.

Nothing wrong with that :o
  • Options
    Nothing wrong with that :o

Ok, only when mixed with poopy pants ;)
  • Options
    Hellfire wrote: »
    Ok, only when mixed with poopy pants ;)
    Better :D
  • Options
    5481375939_7e04591927.jpg
  • Options
    Take this advice. Every morning repeat ten times "There is no such thing as a 'grown up style tantrum', a tantrum is by definition childish".

I doubt it will stop you throwing tantrums but if you begin to realize that its an unacceptable way for an adult to behave then you will have made some sort of progress.

Also I agree with the other posters in that most people would not put up with that sort of behaviour from a spouse.
  • Options
    I wish it was still acceptable for me to poop my panties.
  • Options
    because children are seen as learning and naive , adults are seen as should no better
  • Options
    I wish it was still acceptable for me to poop my panties.

You can. Do it I dare you
  • Options
    The part about shit your pants is funny!
  • Options
    The part about shit your pants is funny!

It is?:confused: Since when was shitting one's pants funny?
  • Options
    Melian wrote: »
    It is?:confused: Since when was shitting one's pants funny?

I like disgusting humor, which is y I told my boss puke stories.
  • Options
    *facepalm*