Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Broken Friendship.. </3

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey, maybe this should go into relationships but its to do with health and wellbeing aswell i guess as its about s/h too.
well me and my BEST friend of all times have fallen out, shes ignored me for the last day. walked off when we planned to go somewhere and making it out like im the one in the wrong. maybe shes just being thoughtless of my feelings. but suddenly this has happened right when she gets a new bf and is all happy again, which im not saying is a bad thing but it cant be a concidence. you always hear about people changing when they get a new bf. :/
also, she says about that she hates this girl in our year and some of our class saying things like 'if i have to do anymore...ill kill myself' and seeing as we have both been there before, and well i still am, we dont like it, seems as if shes taking the piss, but obv she dont know. and well my friend text me the other day saying the same or summit along those lines and now shes happy etc it seems she doesnt care if im not over that. it just seems now shes happy she doesnt care about my feelings. im still having a hard time and still feeling like shit and like im worth nothing. i just dont know what to do. shes ignored me for a day and we havent been that close for about a week now. i dont really know what to do? in a way i guess its just easier to let her get on with her life and let her forget about me.
you know the popular saying or promise: ill be there when the rest of the world walks out? well that really applies here. in a way she couldnt talk to other friends but she could to me.
I wrote this on a note on facebook, not directly to her but about her.
'I was there through the hard times, the rough times, the easy times, when you cried, when you laughed, when you got heart broken, when you were mad, when you were jealous, when you were hyper, when you were crazy, when you were happy, when you were upset.. Ive been there through everything with you, your my best friend. I stayed when the rest of the world walked out and you repay with me this... thanks i guess, thanks for ignoring me when i was crying, thanks for ignoring me when i needed you the most... Its hard to believe we were best mates only 24 hours ago. i hope we still are. but it takes one to start the conversation, and its not gunna be me. i didnt cause this, you did..'

this is how she repays me, cant even bother to smile at me in the corridors. i dont see how its gunna get any better. any advice would be accepted? thanks x
P.S i know it was kinda a rant more than a cry for help sort of thing but i do really need some help.

Comments

• Options
    It sounds like you have been a really good friend to her in the past, so drifting apart will be hard for you - and its really difficult when you feel as if a friend has betrayed your feelings.

Even so, you know the diffiulties of being depressed, and your friend has done really well to get herself out of that hole, even if you havent quite managed it yet. It can be difficult to see somebody you thougt understood become someone else, but perhaps being happy for her, means leaving you behind. When you are both feeling down, it can be comforting to have somebody who understands, but it can also be difficult and end up dragging you both further down. Maybe she just needs a little bit more space from you - and this can be good for you too, as being too dependant on one person isnt always healthy.

Maybe its nothing this deep; she might just be caught up in a new romance; this is very common between friends (even when they say they will never act like that!), and unfortunatley, there is not much you can do! maybe try saying "i feel like im losing you, and im glad you are happy with your new bf but lets make some time to hang out together too!"

Its not a great idea to publisise things on facebook, it will not fix things between you broadcasting it to everybody. If you want to sort things out, you need to talk to her personally. even if you want to scream and argue with her - do it in person not accross facebook, because this i bringing everyone else into your problems and is really counterproductive for everybody.

I really hope that you can sort this out between you and your friends, perhaps the friendship will not be the same, but it can hopefully be fixed and evolve. If you try your best to resolve things, and she does not want to hear it, then maybe you are better off with a friend who will really appreciate you :)

hope your okay,
    Jadexxx
  • Options
    About the whole facebook thing and bringing others into it shes told others about it, atleast im not doing it behind her back like she is to me.
    this is my best friend, and i cant believe she is just gunna change cos of a guy, even though i know it can, if that makes sense. maybe its more i dont WANT to believe it not i cant believe it.
    shes saying that 'i just suddenly started hating her' which isnt true i love her more than anything! even my bf, ill never tell them that tho. but the problem is that im fed up of coming second to all of her other friends, when its just us its back to be being first, which sounds selfish but i dont mean it like that i mean its us against the world we are best friends and no one else matters, but when we are with others or she meets someone in the corridor at school its like there first.. :/
    its not like im saying she should go back to being depressed she should DEFO not go back to being depressed but i still am about a lot of things and its like now shes all happy again anyone who is upset or unhappy she doesnt care about.. :(

Thanks xx