Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Was this a form of night terror?

Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
I'm not sure when it happened, it's a pretty vague memory. Probably one of the last two nights.

I remember feeling my bed shaking as if somebody was climbing on it, but it was too dark to see. I tried to call my mother in case she'd hear me but although I could speak I felt too groggy from sleeping and couldn't make myself shout. I thought about turning on the light to see if something was there but then I decided against it, thinking that no one could be in my room so it was probably a figment of my imagination. So I did nothing and eventually fell asleep again.

This kind of thing sounds similar to what I've heard about night terrors, but there's a few things that seem different from the general description:
1)I did feel scared but I can't say I was terrified.
2)I didn't feel unable to move.
3)I didn't feel anything on myself or had breathing problems.
4)I was able to think rationally, hence my decision that it wasn't anything real.

Any of you who have had night terrors, and the rest of you anyway, what do you think?

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    This happens to me quite alot. Not sure why really.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I've never had that before, but I have had a thing where I'm lying in bed and I hear what sounds like my mam shouting on me and as I'm about to say something to her, my body jolts. I haven't had it for a while but it was pretty scary at the time.