Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

One of those lame rants

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
At the start of this week I broke it off with the guy I was seeing. I found some of what he said to be really upsetting, but breaking up with him didn't just bring me down because I really liked him, but also my confidence took a beating. Just being in my room and being on my bed or whatever, reminds me of him and it turns my stomach.

For a while now, well 3 weeks tops, I've been feeling a bit more :( than usual. After I split with M, I called up for a counselling appointment. She has left me a voicemail but I need to ring her back, but keep putting that off.

I had a really good day yesterday, but that feels so far away. Today has been massively shit, and well I'm fed up of stuff being bad. I can't cope with people. I'm fed up of my brain being so full of fog that I can't get my words out and I keep getting word blanks and PEOPLE HAVE BEEN NOTICING.

My motivation has gone from being OK to being pretty much non existant. I really can't see myself getting out of bed tomorrow. None of what I do is good enough. I can't be a good enough girlfriend, a good enough friend, a good enough group member, a good enough student.

I don't want to go back to how I was a year back or whatever, crying at a drop of a hat and barely being able to function. I felt it coming, which is why I called up about the appointment, but I feel like its all moving in too fast, because I'm already struggling to cope.

I hate even talking about how I feel. I feel so pathetic and more than anything I'd like to be posting right now about how I'm better and everything is OK.

Comments

• Options
    *hug*

give me a shout if need to talk to someone
  • Options
    I don't have much to say I'm afraid, but I did want to say that it's a good sign that you recognise when you may be beginning to go downhill again, and it is great you can talk to someone (councillor). That alone should help you a bit *hug*
  • Options
    hugs for you

Have you thought about taking up an exercise based hobby? I prescribe dance.
  • Options
    *hug*
    Sorry to hear you are having a shitty time of it, i know how hard it can be to see anything positive sometimes.

I hope you call your councillor i am sure once you make that call you feel just a little better knowing you can share this.

Keep posting though we all know it helps.

Stay Strong x
  • Options
    Thanks guys :)
    katralla wrote: »
    hugs for you

Have you thought about taking up an exercise based hobby? I prescribe dance.

I go to the gym quite reguarly, and spinning classes but I don't think me and dance would get on ha!

Although having said that, I haven't been going that often recently due to problems with my nose (I love that as soon as I say nose it is difficult to take seriously :P - but a spinning class whilst not being able to breathe is pretty hard) but the doctor prescribed me something and it seems to be working... so hopefully by the start of next week I'll be back at that. That has made me feel a bit better actually - here is to hoping that things will improve once I get back to my normal exercise levels! :)
  • Options
    I didn't go into uni today, I called in sick. :rolleyes: I couldn't face everyone or having to know stuff. Gonna really have to force myself in on monday, hopefully it will be alright.

The other half of the flat are being a bit annoying. I'm not gonna be like "my life is hell" but it does get a bit boring after a while. If we get another warning we're all going to get fined. They also emptied every bottle of drink (juice, milk) etc down the sink and have thrown away all the washing up liquid we had. They leave to go out for the night but leave their music on full blast with their doors locked just because they *can*. Always go into other flats and they get on so well and its just a bit :( and repetitive, as every time we go into the kitchen its like well what are we going to have to replace now.

Anyway, I rang the people back, have got an appointment in just over 2 weeks, so just got to convince myself to go.
  • Options
    Yup, do convince yourself to go- you're worth the time and investment from yourself in to yourself.

x
  • Options
    you're worth the time and investment from yourself in to yourself.

x

Thats very profound i think i will write that in the dust on my mirror :d

I really hope you go to the appoitment, its something to focus on and be positive about.

As Katralla said you are worth the effort hun x
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    :yes: Definitely.

*hug*
  • Options
    Yup, do convince yourself to go- you're worth the time and investment from yourself in to yourself.

x

I'm so shotgunning this for next week's POTW.

... thanks :)

Really appreciate the support guys.
  • Options
    Hey, really positive to phone back about counselling. Hope this helps you to feel better along with your spinning classes once your nose is working again :)

More hugs *hug*