Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

A little bit gross... tummy/bum issues.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm really hoping I won't need any advice you give (because hopefully the problem will solve itself) but for the last week and a half I have had a dodgy tummy/digestive system. It started to clear up and has gone back downhill.

Without too much detail, most of the time after I've eaten something, my tummy makes really strange gurgling noises and I feel really... bloated? Not quite sure. But anyways, I then have to go to the toilet. And let's just say what comes out the other end is like soup. :yuck: So yeah, I'm not sure what it could be. I haven't changed my diet, although I did go abroad (France), which is when I first got symptoms (just before heading home).

Advice on how return my insides back to normal? It's not nice feeling like this, especially when I have to work!

Comments

• Options
    Drink plenty and go see your GP
  • Options
    I've been drinking lots of water, and just registered with my new GP today, guess it's time to check them out then... maybe that's what jinxed it.
  • Options
    I have a lactose intolerance and if I eat too much lactose I have exactly the same problem.

Try limiting your dairy (from cows) intake and see if that helps. But do see your GP as well.
  • Options
    Try excluding lactose as piccolo says, and if that doesn't work try excluding gluten. If neither help it could be IBS. Best to see the GP though.
  • Options
    Upping the fibre and cutting fruit juice might help too.
  • Options
    It could be the change in water between France and the UK, especially if you drink quite a bit of tap water.
  • Options
    hmmm, thanks guys, so many ideas!

today I have felt the worst I have for a while. Have felt sick the whole day, and my tummy has hurt constantly, yet I've still been hungry and wanting food... makes no sense, right?! Not actually been sick though which is a good sign I guess.

Eurgh, rubbish.
  • Options
    Evenstar wrote: »
    Try excluding lactose as piccolo says, and if that doesn't work try excluding gluten. If neither help it could be IBS.
    Both those intolerances are forms of IBS, so that's pretty likely.

Good luck, it's not much fun to go through.