Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Moving and mental health

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've been living in London for the past 6/7 years, and I've got to the point of where I've had to take my case to the ombudsman (sp?), because my local mental health trust have refused to give me support, even after various complaints, and dispite the fact they have admitted I need it (to cut a long story short, they have a very high threshold, which effectively means that they aren't taking on new cases unless you are made an inpatient). I'm currently in therapy and have been for the past year and half, but even my therapist has said I need further help and support. She wants to referr me on to continue the therapy when I move.

I'm moving to Gloucestershire pretty much as soon as we can find somewhere to move to, but i'm worried about moving services, and getting access to new ones (as I'm guessing that its likely there would be a lower threshold for new cases, than london). Whats the best way of doing so?

(btw, if its of importance, I have a diagnosis of emotional instablity borderline type personality disorder, but this is in dispute, and its more likely to be complex Post traumatic stress disorder)

Comments

• Options
    I moved from London to Oxford and Bucks and things have taken time but are getting there.

I've said in other threads that I've had troubles with them but mostly that's because this move is temporary so I don't want to start any long-term therapies. The fact that they're trying to get me into these programs without waiting lists of months or years is incredible compared to the oversubscribed chaos of London NHS services, so I think you'll be ok.

Do you have a care coordinator who can do a handover to your new PCT?
  • Options
    no i don't, I've been trying to get one for 2 years, without success.

my therapist said she would try to do a straight referral, but I need to try and access more support than i'm currently getting!